Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding

Started by sergsero, August 09, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos

Anmer

Thanks Carl.

What's the folder/directory path for modesdeco2.exe?

And do you have this as a .bat or .txt file?  The screenshot shows a .txt file?
Here to Help.

Keef

Maybe this link will help?

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/tag/zadig/

The video is no longer available, but the the text seems relevant:

The process to install an RTL-SDR dongle on Windows involves the simple step of running Zadig and installing the generic WinUSB drivers to the RTL-SDR, which shows up as "Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0)" in Zadig.

However we find that people sometimes accidentally use Zadig to install WinUSB to "Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 1)" by mistake. Installing WinUSB to this interface can break your installation, and it can cause the RTL-SDR to display a "usb_open error -12" on command line software, and can cause problems connecting to the device on GUI software like SDR#.

Maybe re-running the zadig install to make sure you have 'Interface 0' selected, or maybe modifying your batch file to change device-index to 1 instead of 0.

I'd probably go for the first option, re-running zadig.

Hope this helps!

Carlos

The location is directly on the c drive. I just copied the setup I have on my tablet.
The txt file is the release notes from Sergsero.

I double checked the swift and it is 0 rather than 1.

Thanks

Carl

Carlos

Anmer

I don't use ModeSDeco2 but did manage to get it running on Windows 64 bit.  This was last year and trawling through emails etc,I found I needed to replace some 64 bit dll files with 32 bit versions.  But I can't remember or track back to identify which dll files they were!

Did you install 32 bit dll files?

Here to Help.

Carlos

I installed in syswow64 but I might not have done all the ones required. I will double check on his laptop to see if I have missed any.

Thanks

Carl

Carlos

I thought I'd give an update on the install issue.

We copied over missing msvcp and msvcr files to his new laptop from his old laptop but unfortunately it still wouldn't work.

However, installing drivers from zadig 2.8 rather than the older version we were using seems to have done the trick as modesdeco2 and his basestation are now working.

Thanks

Carl

Anmer

Thanks for the update and explanation of what fixed the issue.
Here to Help.