Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 12:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

DUB9

Started by Roadrunner, June 27, 2019, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadrunner

Hi all,

I keep seeing Boeing B747-400 aircraft A6-HMM listed as arriving and departing from Stansted as DUB9, however, a search for the registration number A6-HMM does not come up with any details, nor does this registration feature in any of my SBS logs although well within my SBS3 range. Anyoen know why this might be?

Regards Mike

Anmer

Quote from: Roadrunner on June 27, 2019, 04:43:39 PM

I keep seeing Boeing B747-400 aircraft A6-HMM listed as arriving and departing from Stansted as DUB9,

Where do you see this Mike?
Here to Help.

Roadrunner

It keeps appearing in the Stansted Group,s daily SBS based log, which is strange as I use SBS3 and don't pick it up. The log dosent show the Hex codes for aircraft in it,. The aircraft always appears as DUB9, and shows as presidential flight. I see all the other Dubia flights DUB1,2,5, etc just this one only appears on the list.

Mike

Anmer

Thanks Mike

FlightAware lists flights for DUB9 (no airraft attributed) into Stansted.  Maybe it's tracked as MLAT?

Do you see anything in Reporter for this callsign?

[attachment deleted reduce file load]
Here to Help.

Anmer

FlightAware shows the same tracked flights when I search for A6-HMM?

Here to Help.

Roadrunner

I see what you mean but it does not show an aircraft registration, whereas the Stansted list does, as A6-HMM, but it does not appear in Plane Base or other aircraft databases.......

Anmer

QuoteDo you see anything in Reporter for this callsign?
Here to Help.

s92driver

Planespotters.net has the following info against B744 c/n 28551, along with a hex ModeS code.

Roadrunner

Thanks Guys. I only knew the A6-HMM registration, and that certainly is not listed. I assume it uses a bogus registration as a security ruse, as even A6-UAE does not appear on my SBS3 pickups..

Thanks again for the help.

Mike

Anmer

Mike

Does the callsign appear in your BaseStation Reporter?  Search the Sessions table.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Quote from: IanH on June 28, 2019, 06:25:10 PM
hex code is 896560 according to Scramble

Thanks Ian.

If Mike (Roadrunner) can pick up Stansted traffic, the aircraft should appear against the callsign for a recent BasStation session in Reporter.  That should link to the hex code.
Here to Help.

Roadrunner

This is the thing, I have had my SBS3 running daily and a few times when I have checked DUB9 against the time in the Stansted listings it has NOT appeared on my listings. I have a lot of DUB call signs between DUB1 and DUB29 plus loads of entries with nothing in the call sign. The 2 entries I do have for a DUB9 were on 17/02/19 and 17/12/18 and on both occasions it was a G650 A6-HHH. Looking at it from another angle, I have recorded 4 B747-400's with DUB call signs
A6-GGP, A6-MMM, A6-HRM and A6-COM. as DUB8, 2, 1 and 3 respectively.

All very strange.

Mike

IanH

Do any of those have hex code 896560?

Roadrunner

Ian, and all others who kindly chipped in with information. There was indeed an unknown aircraft with the 896560 hex, and with yesterdays update to Plane base is now correctly shown as A6-HMM. The entry for 896560 showed a call sign of DUB9 (the only bit of info actually in the record)  :-[ but I did not find it using the method I was using to find A6 registered aircraft :-[   Thanks again for all your help, shows what a great community we have.

Regards Mike