Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 10:38:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Operator Flags and Model Silhouettes does not seem

Started by lazspotter, July 04, 2019, 01:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazspotter

Quote from: s92driver on July 05, 2019, 11:41:42 AM
Quote from: lazspotter on July 05, 2019, 10:42:31 AM
Quote from: Anmer on July 05, 2019, 10:41:00 AM
I give up.  :-\

Why?  :'(

You were asked to provide a screen capture like the one shown.  Your answer was simply "Thank you".   >:(

If you would like assistance you have to provide us with some images showing your settings, etc.

The system does work, so it must be how you have set it up that is at fault.  We have no idea what mistakes you have made if you don't provide screenshots.

I've added pictures as embed code. I guess the pictures don't show up.  I am so sorry

lazspotter

Quote from: Anmer on July 05, 2019, 10:32:31 AM
Where's the screen capture we requested?

There is something wrong with your setup.  We can help but you need to play your part too.

Can you post an image of your Virtual Radar Options window, similar to the attached.
i am sorry for the pictures...

[attachment deleted reduce file load]

Anmer

Thank you, we see the images now.

See my attached images.  Can you view the BaseStation.sqb file in your folder path C:\Users\erdin\AppData\Local\VirtualRadar and check that for the aircraft records you have a corresponding OperatorFlagCode?

For example, for S7 Airlines VQ-BPN, does the hex code 424554 record in the BaseStation.sqb file have the OperatorFlagCode SBI, similar to the aircraft I have in my database?

Here to Help.

lazspotter

Quote from: Anmer on July 05, 2019, 04:20:32 PM
Thank you, we see the images now.

See my attached images.  Can you view the BaseStation.sqb file in your folder path C:\Users\erdin\AppData\Local\VirtualRadar and check that for the aircraft records you have a corresponding OperatorFlagCode?

For example, for S7 Airlines VQ-BPN, does the hex code 424554 record in the BaseStation.sqb file have the OperatorFlagCode SBI, similar to the aircraft I have in my database?

My SQB file is out of date. But I found these.

Anmer

Thanks.

Make sure you are checking the active BaseStation.sqb file in the folder path shown in the Virtual Radar Options.  You can "test" by making some edits for aircraft that you're currently seeing in Virtual Radar Server.
Here to Help.

lazspotter

Quote from: Anmer on July 05, 2019, 05:48:09 PM
Thanks.

Make sure you are checking the active BaseStation.sqb file in the folder path shown in the Virtual Radar Options.  You can "test" by making some edits for aircraft that you're currently seeing in Virtual Radar Server.

Not work :(

Anmer

What doesn't work?  What did you do?

See attached image.  I have highlighted ICAO "40636F".  I had this aircraft in my BaseStation.sqb file without an OperatorFlagCode.  I added "R44" to the OperatorFlagCode field.  I refreshed the database and the Virtual Radar web page.  Now the R44 silhouette appears.

Everything is working.  You must either be editing the wrong BaseStation.sqb file or the path(s) in Virtual Radar Server options may be wrong.

Here to Help.

lazspotter

Quote from: Anmer on July 06, 2019, 06:55:53 PM
What doesn't work?  What did you do?

See attached image.  I have highlighted ICAO "40636F".  I had this aircraft in my BaseStation.sqb file without an OperatorFlagCode.  I added "R44" to the OperatorFlagCode field.  I refreshed the database and the Virtual Radar web page.  Now the R44 silhouette appears.

Everything is working.  You must either be editing the wrong BaseStation.sqb file or the path(s) in Virtual Radar Server options may be wrong.

My SQB file is not wrong, but it is old. The picture paths in VRS are also correct. Where can I find the current SQB file?

Anmer

Quote from: lazspotter on July 07, 2019, 10:20:36 AM
My SQB file is not wrong, but it is old. The picture paths in VRS are also correct. Where can I find the current SQB file?

You don't need a new sqb file to get the operator flags and silhouettes to work.  Changing the sqb file won't solve the underlying problem,

If your file paths in Virtual Radar Server are correct and you have an OperatorFlagCode that matches a bmp file in your OperatorFlags folder, the logo or silhouette should display.
Here to Help.

lazspotter

Quote from: Anmer on July 07, 2019, 10:35:06 AM
Quote from: lazspotter on July 07, 2019, 10:20:36 AM

You don't need a new sqb file to get the operator flags and silhouettes to work.  Changing the sqb file won't solve the underlying problem,

If your file paths in Virtual Radar Server are correct and you have an OperatorFlagCode that matches a bmp file in your OperatorFlags folder, the logo or silhouette should display.

All picture names and picture paths are correct. It's all in the pictures above. All settings are correct, but the pictures do not appear stubbornly.

And can you help me find the latest BaseStation.sqb file?

Anmer

Do you have BaseStation Reporter?

If you do, please post a screen capture of your database records in yiur current sqb file, similar to the attached.

Here to Help.

lazspotter

Quote from: Anmer on July 07, 2019, 12:56:26 PM
Do you have BaseStation Reporter?

If you do, please post a screen capture of your database records in yiur current sqb file, similar to the attached.

Yes, i have. (I downloaded it from this website, but this is old file: http://www.kinetic.co.uk/resourcesdownloads.php#4)

Anmer

Thanks.

Do you want mew to make a remote connection to your PC and take a look with you?  I think the sqb path may be wrong.
Here to Help.

lazspotter

Quote from: Anmer on July 07, 2019, 01:30:54 PM
Thanks.

Do you want mew to make a remote connection to your PC and take a look with you?  I think the sqb path may be wrong.

Yeah, sure. But I don't know much English. Translate will be open.

Anmer

We can manage with Google Translate.  See this thread:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,9421.msg42189.html#msg42189

I will need to know the ID and Key.

Send this to me in a Personal Message.
Here to Help.