Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 06:12:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Active display down 5th October 2019

Started by big john, October 05, 2019, 10:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big john

Does anyone know if AD has gone for good? The GAS site has been down for 2 days now. or is it just a major server problem?
rgds BJ
rgds
bj

Anmer

A good question.

It's never been down for more than 1 day (to the best of my recollection).

I've always thought AD and AD Lite had a limited shelf life following the sad demise of Gary Jones.  But the GAS website is also down so I'm assuming a server issue and not just AD.

Hopefully all will be back soon.  Or not!
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

I have ADLite working here at the moment only displaying aircraft list but NOT updating,on startup it displayed a message indicating a possible server problem,as mentioned by Mike,with a suggestion to close the app and restart which has achieved partial success.Don`t know whether this makes any sense or not.
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

Hi Graham

AD will "work" without access to the server but without it there'll be no updates.

Just checked AD Lite and I'm now getting a "GL10 Website retrieval error - check connection" message.  But I'm also getting the lookup data returned.  So now a "partial service" is resumed.
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

Thank you Mike,that helps me understand more fully the workings of AD
Regards-
G.B.

Magic440

ben2311

Anyone got any info on if or when the servers will be back up, my activation code has expired and I need to buy a new one.

Anmer

Maybe send an email:

ADLSupport@gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk
ADTrialSupport@gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk
Here to Help.

jakems

Hi

The following was posted on the LAAS Google Group yesterday afternoon:

There was a note on the Gatwick eGroup earlier copied below –

The GAS server has died, so neither the GAS website nor Active Display is working. I'm told that the people who are paid to maintain it, Fasthosts, were going to transfer the disks to another machine, how successful that will be is an unknown. In the meantime it's no use sending an email to any of the GAS addresses, nobody will see it.
Steve

Anmer

Thanks Steve.

Maybe GAS should look for a more reliable hosting service?
Here to Help.

ben2311

still down as of 10.30 on the 8/10.  What  else can i use to change stuff on my database, it needs to be like AD pro it that's possible

Anmer

Quote from: ben2311 on October 08, 2019, 10:35:32 AM
What  else can i use to change stuff on my database, it needs to be like AD pro it that's possible

You can use AD to manually populate a record.
Here to Help.

ben2311

Everytime i try to load AD it asks me to activate so i can't get on until the servers come back online

Anmer

OK.  I use AD Lite and that doesn't require activation.  Has your AD licence expired or does it always require activation when it's loading?
Here to Help.

ben2311

It will have expired now, was going to buy another year but can't get on to do it :(