Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 02:16:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

error on connection 192.168.1.85:10001 (10060)

Started by Clive Newland, December 02, 2019, 05:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive Newland

Hi all,

My desktop PC and SBS-3 have suddenly stopped communicating. It had been working fine for about 90 minutes, and then all the aircraft vanished. Checking debug,  I see:-

2019/12/02 : 15:28:41.366 : Main Socket Connecting on 192.168.1.85:10001
2019/12/02 : 15:29:02.535 : MainSocketError: error on connection 192.168.1.85:10001 (10060)

repeated over and over. I've stopped and restarted Basestation, and now the error occurs immediately.

Not being computer-literate, could someone explain in simple terms how I fix this? I'm linked by ethernet cable from the study to the SBS-3 in the loft.

Cheers - Clive.

Anmer

When you launch BaseStation do you see any aircraft, even if briefly?

Is the Ethernet cable of the SBS-3 connected to your router or an extender?  Or directly to your pC?
Here to Help.

Clive Newland

Hi Anmer,

Just started Basestation up this morning, and no airplanes at all. Straight into the error messages.

The ethernet cable connects directly to my PC.

Regards - Clive.

Anmer

Thanks.

Can you test the SBS using a magmount antenna and connecting to your PC via a USB cable, remembering to change the data source in BaseStation.

By the way, has it worked on Ethernet before, for longer than 90 minutes?  And did you change the SBS default IP addres to 192.168.1.85?
Here to Help.

Clive Newland

Hi Anmer,

Yes, it used to run for weeks on end without any problem.

I rebooted the SBS-3 box at about 4.30pm and it has now run for two hours successfully.  Maybe that has cleared whatever the hiccup was.

(It will now probably die as soon as I hit the Post button.)

Thanks for your help.

Cheers - Clive (fingers crossed)

Anmer

Thanks for the update.  Hope it keeps going for you.  If not, come back and we'll see if we can help.
Here to Help.