Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:06:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Error in loading csv data base with sbs-populate

Started by Pipo, March 28, 2020, 02:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipo

Today i try to reload "Aircraft data" with sbs populate, after some time sbs populate gives me a error on s-mode code: 3F8515. when im opening the file in Excel it is located in line no: 19077.

When im looking in all the fields i see this:

-261832   02:03.0   55:03.8   3F8515   German Military      10+21                     A310   Airbus A310-304   498   Konrad Adenauer""               German Air Force                  10+21 - Konrad Adenauer""   0                  0   0   0   0   0                  0   0   0   0   0   GAF   

I see in field Q: Konrad Adenauer"" and in field AB: 10+21 - Konrad Adenauer""

i'm thinking the 2 "" are the issues.

Is there a tool/software where i can edit this csv file and remove the "" or maybe remove the complete line 19077.

I only see in this line are "" the rest of the csv file is ok, so when i can remove this error i can restore my backup Aircraft data

Thanks for this
SBS-1e & SBS-3 Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 4
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

If you use BaseStationReporter you should be able to edit most of the fields for that aircraft record.

Or try Deleting is using SBS Populate or AD Lite.
Here to Help.

Pipo

Strange thing is this, when i open my basestation reporter on my laptop i see all my aircraft. When i copy all this data (folder to new pc) and i open reporter i dont see any thing.

Basestation.sqb is the same size as on my laptop, but nothing to see in reporter in my desktop pc!!!
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Into which folder location do you copy the BaseStation.sqb file on the PC?
Here to Help.

Pipo

the same folder as my laptop, both running Windows 10

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kinetic\BaseStation
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

If you're running Windows 7 or Later, which I assume you are, the "active" sqb file is most probably in the VirtualStore location.

Google Windows VirtualStore to see how to expose and access the file location.  You should see the sqb file in the VirtualStore is much larger than it's "proxy" one in the default ProgramFiles location.

The file in the VirtualStore holds all the latest aircraft data and is the one to copy and replace as required.
Here to Help.

Pipo

Thanks it worked, did not know in win 7,8 and 10 the location is different.

Do you know if the sbs populate still working? or is there a other auto populate tool?
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Quote from: Pipo on March 28, 2020, 03:35:30 PM
Do you know if the sbs populate still working? or is there a other auto populate tool?

Neither SBS Populate nor Active Display no longer work for auto-populating.  The Gatwick Aviation Society server is no more.

Maybe you can explore other database providers?  Such as ADU:

https://www.adusoftware.co.uk/adu-software-airnavsbs-utility/
Here to Help.

Pipo

You know maybe more about PlaneBase? Does it has a tool like sbs populate?
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Planebase is a "closed shop":

Due to the enormous popularity of PlaneBase we have now become a member only database
A decision has been made primarily due to the increased administration required to support the growing number of users
Unfortunately not all users engaged and contributed to PlaneBase which inevitably has resulted in increased overall workload
We have therefore decided to keep our user base to those that support PlaneBase and help us grow and develop

New users will only be considered if introduced and sponsored by an existing PlaneBase user
The sponsor must be a current user and should contact us at support with details of the person they wish to sponsor

Hardly a warm welcome!

http://planebase.biz/
Here to Help.

Keef

'Hardly a warm welcome!'

I agree with that.
I was interested in their software and despite them saying a sponsor is necessary I thought I'd use their contact form to get in touch.

I sent quite a detailed message saying how long I had been active in the hobby, the equipment I have and all the software I use with it.
I included that I am a member of this forum with my user name so they could check up on what I was saying.

They never replied, not even to say a polite no.

I think you can probably guess what I think of them now...
Well actually I just don't care, life is too short. But I did think it was rude not to reply to me.

Cheers,

Keef.

Anmer

To me it smacks of crass stupidity.  I may be being harsh but this is how I (and others) see it.

Clearly they have (or maybe had) a product for which there is/was demand.  Entrepreneurs dream of such situations.

But instead of turning the demand into something of value, they go into "bunker" mode and restreat.

Doesn't make sense to me.
Here to Help.