Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 05:23:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Any Dutch / German members here?

Started by Pipo, April 21, 2020, 05:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Making Outlines isn't difficult.  But it can be time consuming.

This Guide may help:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item12
Here to Help.

Faramir

Indeed a great document! As you say it's not to difficult. Tracing the south country border for some MUAC sector just took me about 7 hours :-)
Hoping got get the SBS-1 running again, I experience withdrawl symptoms :) While the Air!Squitter is a great receiver I miss the database.
It all began with the SBS-1 and I value not only the current situation but the history of an airframe in my database as well.

mezoo

In danger of going off-topic.

If you have a Air!Squitter then it should be possible to connect it to Virtual Radar Server (just like the RadarCape)
VRS can be set up to log the aircraft to a Basestation SQB.

This the setup I use for my Radarcape.

Anmer

Quote from: mezoo on April 24, 2020, 10:05:01 PM
If you have a Air!Squitter then it should be possible to connect it to Virtual Radar Server (just like the RadarCape)
VRS can be set up to log the aircraft to a Basestation SQB.

It appears the Air!Squitter doesn't make the received data available without an expensive Commercial Licence:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,11197.msg46204.html#msg46204
Here to Help.

mezoo

I havn't been following the Air!Squitter.
As the Squitter uses the same FGPA hardware as the Radarcape I assumed it had the same interface.

In the shop it says that the Air!Squitter includes "Feeders for FlightRadar24, FlightAware, Opensky Network, Planeplotter and ADSB Exchange"
So couldn't the Planeplotter interface be used for feeding to a Basestation sqb ?

However further down it says port 30003 is disabled - but doesnt PP and most other feeder (FR24, OpenSky, FlightAware) use this port ?
Probably would need to do a port scan to see which ports are open
(e.g. like the AVR port 30334 on the FR24 receiver which can also be connected to VRS)

A really disappointing development.

Anmer

Quote from: mezoo on April 25, 2020, 12:00:45 PM
In the shop it says that the Air!Squitter includes "Feeders for FlightRadar24, FlightAware, Opensky Network, Planeplotter and ADSB Exchange"
So couldn't the Planeplotter interface be used for feeding to a Basestation sqb ?

I'm assuming these data feeds are integrated with the Air!Squitter operating system and don't take data from an "open" port.

If this device wasn't so expensive, I'd buy one and have a play.
Here to Help.

Radio2.0

Well I am not Dutch / German but I understand both.
I hope some people are still sharing with my.  :-*
>>> I looking for People who want exchange the VRS Data with me. <<<
I life near LOWW / VIE and see Ground Traffic too.

Pipo

Quote from: Radio2.0 on September 16, 2020, 10:22:52 PM
Well I am not Dutch / German but I understand both.
I hope some people are still sharing with my.  :-*

Welkom, Willkommen, I have worked in Germany on 3 airports: EDLV (Weeze), EDSB (Baden-Airpark) and EDDN (Nürnberg). So im a dutch that speaks German. A good dutch friend of me is working on Vienna Airport.
SBS-1e & SBS-3 Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 4
Uniden UBC125XLT

Radio2.0

;D Maybe the reshare my feed. I cover a good portion of the VIE. Sadly I am many KM away but I use a damn expencive Yagi Antenna + very expencive filter + good SDR Dongle to receive the max as possible.

Pipo

Quote from: Radio2.0 on September 17, 2020, 11:57:32 AM
;D Maybe the reshare my feed. I cover a good portion of the VIE. Sadly I am many KM away but I use a damn expencive Yagi Antenna + very expencive filter + good SDR Dongle to receive the max as possible.

Im just started to use VirtualRadar Server software on my pc, at this moment im stil using the OEM antenna of sbs-1e, hope to fit my antenna on the roof this week/weekend. Im living in Zeeland near by airport Antwerp, Brussels, Ostend. And hope to get +/- 400-500km covering, there is not any high building near by and all farm land around me. Im going to use a 60cm adsb antenne with amplifier.

So maybe when you use VirtualRadar Server software we can share covering our info
SBS-1e & SBS-3 Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 4
Uniden UBC125XLT

T7

Hey,

I am Dutch, living about 5km from AMS airport and using a SBS-3 with DPD-1090 aerial. Expensive aerial but very good!
With 5 (kinetic sbs-)users we have our own built 'datasharing' server running, just to have more covering. 3 other users live around the airport, 1 is living in Apeldoorn.
No experience yet with VRS, maybe something for the near future..

Radio2.0

;) Do you want share with me?
Sorry currently I planing my Home Network new also will change the Router so I dont want add someone to my Setup.