Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 05:51:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

the correct country.dat line for *mil

Started by Pipo, December 07, 2020, 03:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipo

Hello,

I made some changes in my SQB file (modes country added Mil) and now when i see let say a German Air Force plane it is not showing the German air force flag, and in aircraft details it is saying Country is Germany. This also happend with some other Mil flags.

Is here some one that maybe has the correct lines that i can copy past in countries.dat to make this work?

I have used the countries.dat from bones aviation but this one is 40kb big, i know it is possible to make it smaller or not?
SBS-1e & SBS-3 Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 4
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Here to Help.

Pipo

Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Quote from: Pipo on December 07, 2020, 05:35:38 PM
Quote from: Anmer on December 07, 2020, 04:52:58 PM
Please see this post and other messages in the thread:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?topic=7159.msg33735#msg33735

I found that but all those numbers is abracadabra for me...

If that's the case, I don't think we can help.

That post explains how the Countries.dat file works and how to make changes. Which is what you need.
Here to Help.

Pipo

I have this as countries.dat file, and i make it smaller with changing the modescountry info in sqb, just to make my countries.dat file small (when it was to big sometimes basestation was loading to long on start up).

[attachment deleted reduce file load]
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Quote from: Pipo on December 07, 2020, 06:23:20 PM
I have this as countries.dat file, and i make it smaller with changing the modescountry info in sqb, just to make my countries.dat file small (when it was to big sometimes basestation was loading to long on start up).

I've never seen any reports that a "large" Countries.dat file causes Basestation to take a long time to load.  My files in three times the size of yours.

The Countries.dat file is fluid as hex code allocations continue to change.  And I'm not aware of a recently published "allocation table" which is why many have updated their Countries.dat file to cater for individual registrations.  Nor am I aware of a definitive file we can use.
Here to Help.