Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 02:55:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SBS-1eR reset network

Started by jon92, July 23, 2020, 08:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon92

Anmer
Is it possible to email me the zip file to enable me to reset network setting to default.
Thankyou
Jon

Anmer

Hi Jon

I've sent you a Personal Message with a link for the download.  It's a BIG Zip.
Here to Help.

jon92

Hi
Thanks for swift response, now back to default settings  :)
Jon

Anmer

Here to Help.

ei2jp

I have recently acquired a SBS-1eR that has a different type of network problem..

I've successfully logged into the Xport config page (both via web and via telnet).  I can change the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, etc.. in the individual settings pages.  No problem so far..

When I hit the "Apply Settings" link, I get an error 404 message  in my browser and the settings are not permanently applied, nor does the Xport appear to reboot.

I have tried the telnet application as well, using the "save and exit" option, and it doesn't save the changes and reboot the Xport either.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?  I've followed the guide on this site multiple times and it appears that everything is great until the "Apply Settings" stage.

Thanks, Ron

Anmer

Welcome Ron.

Forgive thie question but are you connecting to the SBS-1eR using an Ethernet cable?
Here to Help.

ei2jp

Yes, connected to the Xport configuration page at 192.168.1.170 Port 80, also telnet to port 9999

Anmer

Thanks.  I suggest you try the SBS Ethernet reset utility.  I can send you the Zip and instructions?
Here to Help.

ei2jp

That would be very helpful, thank you.

Anmer

I've sent you an email.  Please confirm that you have the Zip file downloaded.
Here to Help.

Ken W7KKE

I could use the IP reset tool too! Recently brought my SBS-1er home from a remote site and need to configure it for my home network.
Thanks,
Ken

Anmer

Welcome.

I have no problem sending you the reset tool but it may not be necessary.  Have you tried this?

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item19
Here to Help.

Ken W7KKE

Thanks, Anmer.  I was able to access the Lantronix screen. Nearly all the network settings had no entry. Entered the new SBS-1 IP and subnet and it wouldn't take the new IP without entering a remote host IP, which I did using my PC's IP.

After an "OK" and applying the settings it rebooted. I changed my PC back to it's original settings but can't ping the SBS-1 or access the Lantronix tool, so must have an error in the settings I used.

I guess I need the reset tool!
Ken

Anmer

Hi Ken

I've emailed you the link to the download and instructions.

Please let me know when you've downloaded the Zip and what progress you make.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Feedback from Ken W7KKE:

Your utility worked great! Can now ping the SBS-1 with my normal network settings.
Thanks!
Ken

Looks like we can close this thread.
Here to Help.