Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:12:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SBS-3 to Provide 6 Decoder Channels

Started by Anmer, July 20, 2012, 11:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Kinetic's Chris Taylor is still active and I've just seen this "sales" announcement.

Shame there's no news about the forum.  >:(

2012-07-20

SBS-3 to provide 6 Decoder Channels

Kinetic is delighted to announce the forthcoming release of new upgrade firmware for the SBS-3 to provide an additional two decoder channels bringing the total number to six. An updated release of BaseStation will also be made available to control all the channels and an updated version of the Application Programming Interface (API) will be published on this site.

Six channels allows users to monitor ACARS, ADSB and AIS simultaneously whilst still being able to listen to a suitable audio frequency.

Uplifting the total number of channels to six raises the performance bar of the SBS-3 which already stands head and shoulders above the rest.

http://www.kinetic.co.uk/newsite/news.php
Here to Help.

Anmer

Further announcement:

2012-07-20

SBS-3 to contain scanner functionality

Kinetic is delighted to announce the forthcoming release of new firmware to provide scanner type functionality for the SBS-3.

The API (Application Programming Interface) will be updated to include the enhanced command set and functionality and the BaseStation application will also be upgraded to offer scanner control.
Here to Help.

junglejet

It has not been said yet in what freq range the 2 new decoders will work.
My assumption would be that they need to be located within either of the 2 freq basebands, thus their actual use may be somewhat limited.
But I may be wrong.

Where btw. is the stand alone function with I2C display?

Anmer

Quote from: junglejet on July 22, 2012, 10:09:36 AM
Where btw. is the stand alone function with I2C display?

Since no one is posting here from Kinetic and its forum is down, we may have to wait a while before we get answers.
Here to Help.

viking9

I understand that COAA have managed to break the frequency band limit with their scanner implementation in PlanePlotter.

Tom
Tom