Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 07:16:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Biggin Hill Lock Down For Spotters..

Started by Smudger98, July 29, 2012, 08:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smudger98

Folks, I found this on another site and thougt It may well be worth posting here as both a warning and a reminder when going to Airports & Fields.. as without  a doubt these people have bu@@ered it up for everyone. Lets hope the mini buses caught fire and they all went to hell..  >:(

Respect The Owners Rights, Wants & Wishes..!!
Smudger.

" The following post has been sent by a member of the Bizjet site on Yahoo re a group of so called spotters in a minibus and a 4 x 4 who have ruined spotting for the genuine spotter for the forseeable future at Biggin:-

Some very bad news has come out today at Biggin Hill. All barriers are now
security manned and there is NO access to the Cabair car park for anyone other than Cabair customers.After a conversation with security (not by me) it has become clear that the behaviour of a large number
of spotters on Friday has ruined our hobby yet again.

The group was said to have arrived in the cabair car park in 3 mini busses and then several of them took it as ok to urinate in the car park,
several wandered all over the airfield through clearly marked barriers and some even went inside the cabair building. Another "spotter" was caught climbing a fence and another driving his 4x4 up a bank to try and "get a better look". As a result of the behaviour Biggin has gone to zero tolerance to spotters and all barriers will be manned from now on,and that's permanent.

Several of us local spotters have been working really hard with the security
here and progress WAS being made.But not now,all our efforts have been blown out of the water by some mindless idiots.

There is no way of knowing who they are,but 3 mini busses says there not local to me and the good old "I don't care I don't come here often" mentality kicked in.I would imagine
several of these persons will be reading this and if you are one then thanks,thanks a bunch for your arrogance and pig headedness.

Don't ask for any help with logs as a swift F O may offend.Just do us all a
favour and STAY AWAY from here as you are NOT welcome.

Thanks again lads
Sorry for the rant to the rest of you

I am sure no members of this site would lower themselves to this level-as the guy who posted the e-mail has said it has spoilt it for everyone who wish to visit Biggin.

Lets hope it does not have a knock on effect at other London airfields, especially the Light Avaiation fields, who in the main put up with our hobby.

Sad Sad Days  "
Tomorrow is not Guaranteed  - So make the most of to-day !!!
SBS-1 User and a Tecno Numpty !!

viking9

Very sad. It's always the few who spoil it for the many.
Tom

mhm

Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being