Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 07:24:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Populated SQB file

Started by s92driver, August 16, 2020, 11:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Quote from: mezoo on December 29, 2021, 06:09:58 PM
So I am not sure how to modify my program :
        reject all entries longer than 3 characters,
        or grab the operator name and use it to look up the operator code elsewhere,
        e.g. by adding an additional column to the Basestation sqb.

I think your easiest option would be to use SQL statements.  For example:

Update Aircraft set OperatorFlagCode = 'UPS' Where OperatorFlagCode LIKE 'UPS%';

But Steve may have a better recommendation.

Here to Help.

Anmer

Quote from: s92driver on December 29, 2021, 06:24:45 PM
I can easily generate an up to date SQB that just contains the ICAO Operator code in the OperatorFlagCode field.  PM me your email address and I'll send you a link to download it.   8)

I knew Steve would have a better solution. ;D
Here to Help.

mezoo

That would be fantastic. PM is on its way.  8) 8)

s92driver

The latest monthly update should be available at some point this week.  It will capture the huge shift towards Russian registrations for the Russian operators that has happened over the last few weeks. 

It also now contains lat/long info for pretty much every large and medium sized airport around the globe in the Locations list - 3400 of them!  If, like me, you use Basestation when on your travels this will allow centering of the Radar display easy by using the "Centre on Waypoint" menu option.

Just a reminder, I can update your existing SQB files on a monthly basis if required.  There's no need to start with a fresh database if you'd like to keep your existing "logs".  I tend to start with a fresh database on an annual basis so that my SQB doesn't get too large.

Steve

Pipo

Quote from: s92driver on March 30, 2022, 09:14:18 AM
The latest monthly update should be available at some point this week.  It will capture the huge shift towards Russian registrations for the Russian operators that has happened over the last few weeks. 

It also now contains lat/long info for pretty much every large and medium sized airport around the globe in the Locations list - 3400 of them!  If, like me, you use Basestation when on your travels this will allow centering of the Radar display easy by using the "Centre on Waypoint" menu option.

Just a reminder, I can update your existing SQB files on a monthly basis if required.  There's no need to start with a fresh database if you'd like to keep your existing "logs".  I tend to start with a fresh database on an annual basis so that my SQB doesn't get too large.

Steve

Hi Steve, your upgrades are great, you doing them now for my sqb a couple of moths and no issue what so ever. My sqb is now 238mb and have 529628 modes inside my SQB. So compliments for Steve with his upgrade support.

Cheers
Danny
SBS-1e & SBS-3 Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 4
Uniden UBC125XLT

terryy

Steve

Hi Steve,

I think there's been a mix up in the upload of this  month's SQB file to the download areas. When I try to download that file, I get another copy of your latest OperatorsFlags archive and not the SQB zip file.

-Terry

s92driver

Quote from: terryy on March 31, 2022, 10:42:30 PM

Steve

Hi Steve,

I think there's been a mix up in the upload of this  month's SQB file to the download areas. When I try to download that file, I get another copy of your latest OperatorsFlags archive and not the SQB zip file.

-Terry

Thanks Terry, I'm sure Anmer will see this and sort things out.

Anmer

Quote from: s92driver on March 31, 2022, 10:44:09 PM
Thanks Terry, I'm sure Anmer will see this and sort things out.

Oops  ???

Please try now Terry.  Sorry Steve,
Here to Help.

s92driver

For those of you that use my SQB with Basestation, you will have noticed the long time this now takes to load.  It is all down to the 3400+ airfields I recently added into the Locations database.  At the time I didn't realise the impact such a large list would have.

I have now trimmed this list to just under 400 major airports around the globe.  This should make a dramatic difference to the load time of Basestation.

As the current file is causing issues I will produce an updated SQB very soon, hopefully later today.

Steve

s92driver

That's this months SQB is ready now and should be available for download very soon.

After trimming the number of locations, the SQB on my laptop now loads in 13 seconds whereas the old one took 1 minute and 8 seconds.  I am hoping everyone that found it took a long time to load Basestation with the old SQB will see a dramatic difference with this new one.  Let me know how you get on!

Steve

DaveReid

Quote from: s92driver on May 28, 2022, 12:29:49 PM
That's this months SQB is ready now and should be available for download very soon.

After trimming the number of locations, the SQB on my laptop now loads in 13 seconds whereas the old one took 1 minute and 8 seconds.  I am hoping everyone that found it took a long time to load Basestation with the old SQB will see a dramatic difference with this new one.  Let me know how you get on!

Steve

An excellent resource which I've only just become aware of and look forward to trying out.

Running it through SQLite, I noted a handful of malformed hex codes which could usefully be tweaked for next month's file:

JU-1789/6823CO should be 6823C0
HL5240/A6BCF should be 71AA40 (formerly A64BCF)
N754CX/AA4CEO should be AA292D (formerly AA4CE0)
61-0020/AE58AP should be AE58AA
ZK-PBC/C81EDO should be C81ED0

HTH
Dave

s92driver

Quote from: DaveReid on May 30, 2022, 05:05:39 PM
Quote from: s92driver on May 28, 2022, 12:29:49 PM

Steve

An excellent resource which I've only just become aware of and look forward to trying out.

Running it through SQLite, I noted a handful of malformed hex codes which could usefully be tweaked for next month's file:

JU-1789/6823CO should be 6823C0
HL5240/A6BCF should be 71AA40 (formerly A64BCF)
N754CX/AA4CEO should be AA292D (formerly AA4CE0)
61-0020/AE58AP should be AE58AA
ZK-PBC/C81EDO should be C81ED0

HTH
Dave

Hi Dave,

Some excellent sleuthing there, I will make sure that the corrections are put in place for next months update.  I'll also try and construct an error checking script, as no doubt the odd incorrectly formatted code will emerge from time to time.  Mr "QWERTY" didn't do a good job when putting the 0 and O so close together  ;)

Steve

Anmer

Quote from: s92driver on May 31, 2022, 10:17:13 AM
I'll also try and construct an error checking script, as no doubt the odd incorrectly formatted code will emerge from time to time.

Maybe DaveReid already has such a tool?
Here to Help.

DaveReid

Quote from: Anmer on May 31, 2022, 10:21:24 AM
Quote from: s92driver on May 31, 2022, 10:17:13 AM
I'll also try and construct an error checking script, as no doubt the odd incorrectly formatted code will emerge from time to time.

Maybe DaveReid already has such a tool?

This is the script I use on my own Basestation.sqb to check that Mode S codes are properly formed:

select modes from aircraft where
substr(modes,1,1) < "0" or
substr(modes,1,1) > "F" or
substr(modes,2,1) < "0" or
substr(modes,2,1) > "F" or
substr(modes,3,1) < "0" or
substr(modes,3,1) > "F" or
substr(modes,4,1) < "0" or
substr(modes,4,1) > "F" or
substr(modes,5,1) < "0" or
substr(modes,5,1) > "F" or
substr(modes,6,1) < "0" or
substr(modes,6,1) > "F";

s92driver

Thanks Dave, that's exactly what I have come up with.  Great minds and all that  8)

Steve