Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 08:58:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Populated SQB file

Started by s92driver, August 16, 2020, 11:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s92driver

The latest SQB file and associated "Silhouettes" will be posted by Anmer tomorrow.  This latest version introduces a couple of subtle changes. 

Firstly it will remove the non-standard ICAO codes that have been present up to now, for example all Canadair Challengers will show CL60 whereas previously you would also find CL61, CL64 and CL65.

There's also a simplification of ATR42 and ATR72 images and associated OperatorFlagCodes.  Previously you may have seen a FlagCode containing AT72, AT73, AT75, AT76 whereas now they will have an image and OperatorFlagCode of AT7x.  Similarly MD81, MD82, MD83 & MD88 are now MD8x.  Note that this change does not affect the ICAO code, just the OperatorFlagCode field.  This is simply to reduce the number of images supplied, as the more images that are loaded the slower the boot up is.  Some users have reported issues when the total number of images being loaded is in excess of 8000.

I would recommend anyone that uses the SQB and associated images to download both every month.  I do update images without posting the updates in the Gallery, however more importantly every month I do remove images that are no longer used as well as rename images when aircraft change registrations (eg bizjets).

Steve

s92driver

The lastest update will probably be available tomorrow.  A quick message to highlight that there's been a large "clean out" of special OperatorFlags, so the overall number of images will probably drop in the Zip file compared to last month.

Steve

aviaction

Thanks you for maintaining an SQB file. Just uploaded and it covers almost everything. If a donation continues support this, then I am in.