Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 11:16:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Spitfire G-PRXI THANK U NHS

Started by rikgale, September 12, 2020, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikgale

Had Spitfire G-PRXI fly over the hospital where I work today. Also caught it on my tracker and needed a suitable side view...
https://www.aerosociety.com/news/signed-spitfire-scrambles-to-lift-nations-spirits/

Enjoy
Richard

[attachment deleted reduce file load]

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

Roadrunner

Richard,

Dont know if you saw my response yesterday to the great underside/sideview of the spitfire, it does not appear on the website so I dont think it transmitted properly.

I love the idea of the dual views for use instead of silhouettes and wondered if you had thought apnout doing that for other, small historic aircraft such  as the Hurricane, Mustang bearcat etc.

Once again a unique flag for a unique aircraft

Regards Mike

rikgale

Hi Mike

No I did not see your response yesterday. However I am glad you like the idea of the dual views.... I had not really thought about it. I just wanted to get Thank U NHS on there somewhere (not that it came out from the underside of the Spit)

If you would like some dual view of a Hurricane / Mustang etc. I would be happy to oblige. If you have some registrations of the ones that you would like / or others might like please post them and I will see what I can do

Regards
Richard

Roadrunner

Richard,

Always looking for new innovations for the flags/silhouettes

Thank you for that, I was thinking more of something more generic based on no particular machine,  but the following spring to mind
P51 - G-SIJJ
FURY - G-RNHF
BCAT - G-RUMM
T6 - G-DDMV

Best regards Mike

rikgale

Hi Mike

Thanks for the info. I will try and knock up some generic ones for you based on those.

Question - white backgrounds like the operator flags or light blue backgrounds like Ian K's silhouettes?

Thanks
Richard

Roadrunner

Richard,

The white backgrounds work best for me

Regards

Mike

rikgale

Had a quick go on the BCAT before the missus gets home. I have done with white background and a light blue background (colour matched to Ian K's silhouette) for comparison. I don't know how you have your basestation / VRS laid out. I show both the silhouette and operator flag on my VRS.

Open to feedback... do we want the a/c type / ICAO code / other info on there somewhere??

May have a go with something larger later, like a C5 and see where I get with that.

rikgale

Ok, had time for the C5 as well.... one small plane, one BIG plane

Roadrunner

Richard,

They both work well with white, not so keen on blue.

Thank you

rikgale

Hi Mike

Glad you like them.  :) I will aim to do up some of the others you have listed and get them posted.

Richard

Roadrunner

Richard,

Thank you the ones you have done look great.

Thanks again for your time and effort

Mike

tumbo

Stay safe, stay well.
Happy Hunting

tumbo

Nice work rikgale, been looking to have a nice Spitfire flag.
tumbo
Stay safe, stay well.
Happy Hunting

rikgale