Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 05:35:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

WINDOWS 10 and OneDrive

Started by Roadrunner, January 11, 2021, 04:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadrunner

Since the last W10 update I appear to have lost control of the data on my PC. OneDrive has always been present but I had decided NOT to use it. Microsoft, however, have decided we must use it or find out how do disable and/or remove it without loosing our sanity.
First it was all my documents that went to them and it randomly stopped me from updating my own files unless I gave them a new name. Over the weekend it got so bad and started impacting on Planeplotter. I therefor, did some research and found mention of numerous ways to remove OneDrive and reclaim both my files and my sanity. However, this went pear-shaped and I had to completely reload windows 10 from scratch. Now I have got a few of my aviation prrams back (Basestation, PB, Mil-Mode-S) but I have still got problems with documents and when I recently tried to reload PlanePlotter it put the files in different locations rather than the C:\Aviation\COAA\PLANEPLOTTER  I have been using for years with no problems. When I tried to change all parts of the download to this same are I was told I need to show the full path without giving any clues to what else I should do. I am literally at my wits end over this. I can cope with most problems that appear but this has got the better of me. I want to return to Ground station and the latest mode C but I am stuck with what to do.
|H E L P

Anmer

Hi Mike

OneDrive should be an optional cloud storage feature.  If it's enabled, some, but not all, files are "copied" to the OneDrive cloud storage.  You should be able to disable it.  I have Windows10 and don't have OneDrive enabled.  I manage my own backups and use Google Drive to share files at my choosing.

Have you seen this page?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0
Here to Help.

s92driver

Roadrunner, that does not sound like typical behaviour at all.  OneDrive is totaly optional, but there's a chance you may have accepted an option to enable it.

More seriousy I wonder if you have been infected with either a virus or even some sort of ransomware?

Anmer

Hi Mike

As Steve has mentioned, you may have a compromised installation.

Do you have an anti-virus app?

OneDrive should not interfere with installations, it's just an optional file "back-up" to a Cloud storage server.
Here to Help.

Roadrunner

Hi Guys,

I have CC Cleaner and full virus and firewalls etc. However, I have found a few sites coming up without the https: at the start and a warning message, each time as Ive checked my protection it then goes back to https:/
I have all protection levels showing OK with no breeches.
At the moment I have SBS3 and PP running. SBS running as normal no problems at all but PP I can't see my own aircraft but can see others. I have been trying to re-set my GS set up but until I can fathom why I can't see local traffic I wont get very far.....
PlaneBase is also working well.

Anmer

Thanks Mike

From where is PP supposed to be getting your local traffic?  Off BaseStation or direct from a radio receiver?

Check the PP Mode-S Receiver and I/O settings.
Here to Help.