Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 01:45:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Kinetic SBS-2 Software

Started by texasranger556, February 05, 2021, 05:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texasranger556

Newbie here.  Bit of a long shot, but figured I'd ask anyway.  At work I inherited a dead Kinetic SBS-2 ADS-B receiver.  The hard disk is dead, to the point if I plug it in to another PC it causes the other SATA drives to become unresponsive.  I gather from some googling that Kinetic is no longer in business, so it appears I have a paperweight.  Does anyone happen to have one of these things and willing to pull the Kinetic software off it or have the installer disk?  I'm told it ran Fedora 4 which is easy enough to find online, but not the Kinetic stuff. 

[attachment deleted reduce file load]

Anmer

Welcome.

Kinetic may still be trading.  I can try and find out for you on Monday and contact someone who handled SBS-2 distribution..

The SBS-2 was Kinetic's commercial receiver and there could be a few out there, still operating and being supported.

Are you based in the US?
Here to Help.

texasranger556

Yes, in the US.  A coworker had also tried contacting Kinetic and the vendor it was purchased from through email and they both returned undeliverable.  I think it was purchased about 10 years ago and had been working great up to a few months ago it would no longer boot.  Thanks!

Anmer

Thanks.

Can you PM me the name of the vendor your coworker tried to contact?

In the meantime, I'll see what I can find out, if anything, on Monday.
Here to Help.

Anmer

It appears Kinetic is supposed to be supporting the SBS2 "community" but isn't responding to requests.

Looks like you may have a new, heavy paperweight.

Sorry I can't offer more help.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Following a lead by one of our members, these may be able to help:

https://www.copperchase.co.uk/products-services/ads-b-receiver-decoder/

Maybe ask for a Tony Ryan?
Here to Help.