Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 05:55:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Our own website

Started by secs, July 30, 2021, 06:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

secs

Hey all.
Started to fly a drone as part of work and went off on a tangent and came up in this hobby. I have a receiever running feeding all the usual sites and runs fine. Temporary Arial to be improved over the next couple of weeks.

But I am yet to find a way of including a live plot into an existing website. What I would really like to achieve is a map on my existing site showing locally received planes etc.

Locally port 80 is blocked and really I don't want to simply use something like Virtual Radar Server (although this might end up being what I do) but surely there must be more options. The closest I have come is one here https://www.radarbox.com/widget but I would like to show just stuff I receive if possible.
I plane on using a reverse proxy at some stage to feed my non port 80 VRS out to my website but thats a different task
What else is out these. I have searched google and duck duck and various forums.

Triple7

Quote from: secs on July 30, 2021, 06:21:35 AM
I have a receiever running feeding all the usual sites and runs fine.

Hi

Please tell us which receiver you are using and which sites you are feeding. It is possible you already have the ability to point a web browser at the IP address of your feeder and you will see your local plots.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Anmer

Welcome.

In addition to which receiver, what software/apps are you using to decode the received data and display it locally?
Here to Help.

secs

Hi and thanks so far.

I can actually point a browser to my stuff and also from outside but in relation to the outside, I cant use port 80. Hence I may end up having a NGINX reverse proxy hosted on an outside server and point it to my internal servers. But for my initial widget enquiry, I am not looking to have all the bells and whistles exposed simply (as an example) an 300X300 area showing say a radius of30km around my home location with the ability to click on the plane and get its details to pop up.

as for what I have
Currently I run a rpi (also being used to run Node-Red and a Pi-Plate) with a FA Pro Stick Plus and a home built COCO antenna. LNA yet to be tested as no Bias Tee.

From that I use
dump1090 and I  feed (but happy to expand if needed)
Radarbox
Opensky
Adsbexchange
Planefinder
Flightradar

Locally run scripts
wiedehopf/timelapse1090
wiedehopf/graphs1090

and across the local network to an Unriad server running a docker with Virtual Radar Server. I also tried flights anywhere maps to see what it had to offer

rikgale

Hey

Are you looking to embed something like I have on the front page of my website?

https://www.cornwallvrs.duckdns.org/

On the Today's flight button I have also embedded a page from VRS.

I run nearly everything dockerised (including NGINX reverse webproxy). The only thing I don't have in a container is VRS.

Regards,
Richard

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

secs

Quote from: rikgale on July 30, 2021, 08:30:54 AM
Hey

Are you looking to embed something like I have on the front page of my website?

https://www.cornwallvrs.duckdns.org/

Yes thats a good example. I would be happy with that

rikgale

I use a frame on the webpage to 'host' the tar1090 map

There was meant to be more to this post, but the forum doesn't seem to like it when I post code in tags in my message - remove the spaces from i f r a m e and you'll have valid html code.

<i f r a m e src="/tar1090/?SiteLat=50.xx&amp;SiteLon=-4.xx&amp;hideSidebar&amp;hideButtons&amp;zoom=7&amp;enableLabels" title="Map" width="100%" height="600" style="padding:0; margin:0; border:none;"></i f r a m e>

Location xx'd, you'll need to add your own location in if you want to centre on your location

You'll need to pass it your own address for your tar1090.

URL parameters can be found here

Anmer

Quote from: rikgale on July 30, 2021, 10:10:37 AM
There was meant to be more to this post, but the forum doesn't seem to like it when I post code in tags in my message ]

It's not the forum.  It's the hosting service and an over-zealous security policy.
Here to Help.

rikgale

Quote from: Anmer on July 30, 2021, 10:18:26 AM
Quote from: rikgale on July 30, 2021, 10:10:37 AM
There was meant to be more to this post, but the forum doesn't seem to like it when I post code in tags in my message ]

It's not the forum.  It's the hosting service and an over-zealous security policy.

That would explain the 403 error and having to prove I was a human to get back to radarspotting through the host firewall. It is nice to know I am human.

secs

Thaks Rikgale. I will give it a try later today

secs

Thanks all. Yes that sems to work. I actually spent yesterday doing a bit of tinkering and set up a external reverse proxy. Have come to work this morning and where I used to have to do some tinkering to be able to get it to show on my desktop, can not have a simple screen. Still havent embeded into the website but thats next