Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 08:59:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Hello

Started by acw6535, March 02, 2021, 03:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acw6535

Hi
My name is Allen,and I live near Crystal Palace(S.London)
I`ve had an SBS-1 since 2005,ran it most days,feeding data to FR24.I stopped for a while,for the last couple of years,now I`ve got Basestation going again on my laptop.
I was going to start feeding data to them again,but they told me that Windows isn`t supported any more,and I`d have to buy a Raspberry Pi or use Linux,both of which I`m not familiar with.
I invested in a new aerial(the old had rotted away-that`s what happens when you leave an indoor aerial outdoors,I guess)
Anyway,with the aerial came a USB for RadarBox,so I`m running that too,on a different aerial.
Regards
Allen

Anmer

Welcome Allen and thanks for the intro.

I remember a similar Username on the Kinetic forum?

QuoteAnyway,with the aerial came a USB for RadarBox

Do you mean a RadarBoxFlightStick?

https://www.radarbox.com/flightstick1090

You can use that as a radio receiver and add a Raspberry Pi to feed FR24 again and other tracking services.
Here to Help.

acw6535

Quote from: Anmer on March 02, 2021, 03:24:29 PM
Welcome Allen and thanks for the intro.

I remember a similar Username on the Kinetic forum?

Yes guilty as charged...and I remember your name on there too.

QuoteDo you mean a RadarBoxFlightStick?

https://www.radarbox.com/flightstick1090

That`s it...thought I`d give AirNav a try,see how it compares against my SBS-1

Hmm...I`ve been reading about what they can do,and even a new one isn`t that expensive,so I might just give it a go :-)

Anmer

The FlightStick is only a USB Software Defined Radio (SDR).

It has no onboard software for tracking flights or feeding data.  It's no different to the FlightAware Pro Stick or other SDRs with a suitable decoding chips.

You will need an RPi to process the data.

The FlightAware setup is an easy introduction to using an SDR with an RPi as the PiAware image includes the RPi operating system as well as a feed to FlightAwrae and tracking your local traffic using SkyAware.

You can easily add other feeds.
Here to Help.

acw6535

Yes,I`m running the FlightStick through RadarBox 6.01.001...I started off with 6.01.002,but had problems with the aircraft not displaying on the map(just the trails).Also,the map would "jump" from my Home position to somewhere in Europe,often Germany,so their support people gave me a link to download,and it`s been fairly stable since then