Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:55:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Flight Display Version 7.93 Released

Started by Anmer, August 15, 2012, 08:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Hi Graham

FD will be looking for its database in the location specified in the FD7.dat file.  Please open that with a text editor and check the path and then check the directory to see if the FD7.s3db file is there?
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

I have opened FD7Dat file in notebook,I am unsure what I am looking for as there are 202 entries in this file.Can you advise please?
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

What does it say for Userdatapath?

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

C:\Users\Graham\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Kinetic\BaseStation\Userdata
False
Does this help?
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

Here to Help.

Graham Bell

No! All this folder contains is:-
BaseStation.xsl
FD7dat
temp1 xml
temp2 xml
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

That's what's missing, the FD7.s3db.

Shall I email you one?
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

Yes please! I will PM my e mail address
Regards-
G.B.

Graham Bell

Delighted to report I now have FlightDisplay again,albeit Ver 92,but I can live with that.
My thanks to Anmer for his patience and time,another clear indication of the assistance provided by the knowledgeable members on this forum to members who strive to improve.
Many thanks to all concerned.
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

You can try replacing the Flightdisplay.exe with the latest one? 
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

Sounds good.Now the inevitable question-How?
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

Sorry Graham, I overlooked your post.

If you search for the existing Flightdisplay.exe, rename it Flightdisplay.exe.old and then place the latest one in the same folder.  Then restart FD and see if it works OK.
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

Thank you Mike,will give it a go.
Regards-
G.B.

Graham Bell

Job done as Anmer suggested and it would appear to be successful inasmuch that FD now gets its pictures from the Internet and the spurious advertising no longer appears.
In the FlightDisplay Options 1 screen does one tick both,local images/Internet Images,or go for a single option?
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

If you tick both, you will need an amended Aircraft Details window to display local and web images.

MouseMode only shows the web images.
Here to Help.