Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 10:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Help!! PP and SQB file

Started by Magic440, August 30, 2012, 06:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic440

Hello all.
Been playing around,and yes i know i shouldn't,but hopefully this is fixable.
I tried tracking my nephew,who returned to the USA,and now on opening up BS Reporter,there are nearly 2,000 records not showing type!!
I presume the mistake i made,was having the edits & auto reg update ticked?
Is there a relative simple solution?Or just a case of deleting 1 by 1 using populate?

Regards,
Sooty.

Anmer

This may help:

http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,1385.msg6244.html#msg6244

Use an SQL utillity such as SQLite Expert (free edition) to open the database and execute the sql command.

Make sure you take a database backup beforehand.
Here to Help.

Magic440

Thanks Mike.
Its showing hex code,reg and ICAO type in reporter,so basically,
should the command be delete all aircraft type? If there is a code at all.

Regards,
Sooty.

Triple7

If you want to keep the 2000 records, have you used SBS Populate to try and fill in any more info on each one?  If you don't want them, I prefer to do things a bit more manually i.e. visually.

Using SQLite Expert Personal (free edition) as Mike suggests: http://www.sqliteexpert.com/download.html.

Install that if you haven't already, then open your database (File..Open Database), noting the default file type is *.db, *.db3 and *.sq click on the drop down at the end of the file name dialogue box and pick any file (*.*). Then navigate to your sqb file, select it and click on open.

You'll see a grid similar to a spreadsheet, click on the 'Aircraft' table icon near the top left and make sure the 'Data' tab is selected. See the first screen grab, don't worry about the order of the columns yours will be different.

Then click on the column header that you want to sort on, from your post I'd choose 'Type' you may then need to click a second time to bring the ones without an entry to the top. See second screen grab.

Once done, click on row 1, scroll down to the last entry that you want to remove, press 'shift' on your keyboard and then click on that row, you should then have all the rows highlighted. See third screen grab. Hit delete and they will be gone.

CAUTION! please do as Mike says, take a copy of your sqb file before you start this as there is no undo facility using this program, once you hit delete the data is gone!

HTH

Tim

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Anmer

Thanks for the detailed instructions Tim.
Here to Help.

Magic440

Thankyou very much Tim.
Had a bit of trouble finding the shift key! lol.
All sorted now.
Thanks again.

David.

Magic440

Hi,
I don't seem to be getting the same screen that I had before. I am trying to edit the User column.  Do you know what is happening?

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Anmer

You're viewing the database design.

You should have a row of tabs to the right of the "Design" at top left showing "Database", "SQL", "Data".  I don't know why they're not in your screenshot?

You need to be viewing the "Data".
Here to Help.

Magic440

Thanks, got there eventually :-)