Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:27:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SCANNERS

Started by BRIAND, February 07, 2012, 03:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRIAND

Hi
does anybody use a Bearcat BCT 15x for aircraft scanning
I am thinking of replacing my 785XLT and would like a little feedback

Thanks

BRIAND

Tracker

I have a BCT15X and have also previously owned a UBC785XLT. The BCT15X is similar to the UBC800XLT they can be difficult to enter frequencies unless you have a PC. The BCT15X was supplied with control software in the box.

Performance wise I would say VHF/UHF airband is similar with all these receivers.

shakysen

brian http://marksscanners.com for easy read manuals

regards shaky

Oldenglish1

Hi All Any one no where to get my sony airband scanner repaired in sussex

Smudger98

Sent my old Air-7 back to Sony UK for repair & service.. took a while but came back ok..
Tomorrow is not Guaranteed  - So make the most of to-day !!!
SBS-1 User and a Tecno Numpty !!

Metty

Hi there

I am down to one serviceable SONY Air-7 and seeking advice on a suitable replacement, preferably from someone who's owned one, as you will be of like mind, liking the great quality audio and simple controls. 

I have a UHF scanner or two but I put those in the 'Planeplotter' bucket of excellent at what they do but painful for a simpleton to manipulate once working and often requiring one to read the manual (difficult if out and about).  It's a simple hand held VHF scanner that I'd like.

I thought I'd ask for suggestions on here as a previous birthday request (for binoculars) yielded Anmer's suggestion of Canon IS which have probably been the best purchase ever!

cheers
Ian

Anmer

Unfortunately I'm down to one unserviceable Sony Air7  :'(

I too am interested in any suggestions.

And my Canon 10x30 IS look very tired now.  Trying to sneak a new pair of 10x42 passed the missus.
Here to Help.

skywatch

I have had a number of scanners over the years and always prefer the Uniden UBC3500XLT.

Just make (or buy) a programming cable and get BCTool free version and you can easily back up the whole scanner to PC and edit/control/record on the PC as well.

With close call to automatically catch nearby signals and a healthy memory (about 3500 channels) then you should be good to go!

Turbo68

Hi i use the Uniden-BCT15X to monitor vhf aircraft performance is excellent and yes it can be difficult to enter frequencies antenna is an Icom-AH7000 discone is excellent been monitoring aircraft for 35 years at least do have other receivers from aor,grundig,icom,realistic,yupiteru just as good comes down to what antenna you are using and the higher you can go the better the signal is received.

Regards Lino.