Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 05:08:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Flags & Gallery problem with Windows 10

Started by Roadrunner, October 29, 2021, 10:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadrunner

Hi There,

I am using the Gallery daily and must say it is fantastic at getting the logos without having to store downloads on the local PC, which often cant find ones I am looking for. Since a recent Windows 10 update, however, every time I send a logo from the gallery to my local PC I am getting a Virus & Threat protection message also saying it will not be downloaded. However, the logos are always there when I check and other than being a nuisance is not stopping things working.

Does anyone know how I can possibly stop this happening without opening my PC up to real threats

Regards Mike

Anmer

Hi Mike

Can you post a screen capture of the message?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 19043.1288 and don't get any warnings when I download a bmp file from Gallery.

I haven't installed KB5006738.
Here to Help.

s92driver

Hi Roadrunner Mike,

Are you using standalone antivirus software, or are you using Windows Defender?  I don't think the issue will be the OS, more likely anti-virus permissions.

Steve

Roadrunner

Thanks for replying guys.

In response to the questions from you both.

The message pops up and then disappears almost before I can read it but I will give it a go later and post it if successful.

I only use Windows inbuilt antivirus and other things as I have had a lot more problems when using McAfee or any of the others.

I also run CC Cleaner regularly.

Anmer

Thanks Mike.

As s92driver mentions, it's more than likely an AV message, possibly Defender.

Normally one can whitelist sites or files.  When we know what's issuing the warning we may be able to investigate further.
Here to Help.

Roadrunner

Hi Guys,

Firstly, please accept my apology for not responding sooner. I was not well after covid 3 jab...

Having not used my PC much for a day or two, this morning I  uploaded some more logos and lo & Behold I was not getting the error message any more... I have had a couple of Windows 10 updates since the issue started so perhaps one of them has sorted whatever was causing the problem.

best regards
Mike