Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 08:07:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Unusual Request. Ride Share.

Started by Mark16, January 09, 2022, 10:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark16

Does any of the membership live close to Stalybridge/Ashton under Lyne/Hyde ? Do you drive down to LHR for a days spotting when you get the chance ?

The reason I ask is myself and partner no longer drive, having both our driving licences revoked, due to me being Partially Sighted and her Sleep Apneoa. I spot and have done for over 40 years and she enjoys watching aircraft. Would anyone be interested in a ride share when the weather gets warmer and the days are longer. ? We can provide packed lunch, SBS-1, Jackery power supply to keep laptop going for 8-10 hours and of course money towards fuel. The times of the coaches are too restrictive and taking my gear across London is not the best idea for me and flying down is not an option with having the Jackery to keep laptop running. Just a thought to get some LHR spotting in and save someone costs on fuel as it isn't cheap.

It is just a thought I am floating at the minute for the future, as said when it is warmer and longer days.

MTIA, 

Mark

Faramir

Unfortunately I can't help you with that as I don't live in the UK but I do hope you find a ride!

Anmer

Quote from: Mark16 on January 09, 2022, 10:53:57 PM
It is just a thought I am floating at the minute for the future, as said when it is warmer and longer days.

I would willingly help if I were near but I'm miles away.

But a good idea and maybe something others might consider?

I hope you find someone.

I'll publicise this in the Market Place.
Here to Help.

Mark16

Cheers for that Anmer, wasn't sure where to put it. Thanks for putting it in the right place for me.

Mark

Anmer

You're in the right place.  I've just added a link to the post on the forum Market Place.
Here to Help.