Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:14:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

PlanePlotter 6.5.6.5 Released

Started by Triple7, February 26, 2022, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple7

From Bev,

Hi,

PlanePlotter version 6.5.6.5 is on the web site now.
http://www.planeplotter.com#download
Please note that this version is *not* suitable for Win XP platforms.  6.5.5.8 is the last release that will run on Win XP.

---Usual boilerplate---
Updates are free to registered users.

You may need to exercise your browser Refresh function to force it to show you the new version of the PlanePlotter web page. If you post a message complaining that the web page is still pointing to an earlier version, you pay a forfeit - unless I forgot to update the web page, in which case I pay a forfeit!

You can install the new version over the old one but you *must* close/exit PlanePlotter before installing the new one. Nic's installer will warn you if PlanePlotter is still running when you try to install the new version. Your settings from the previous installation will be preserved.

If you have a version-specific firewall, you may have to reassure it that the new version is permitted to access the Internet. Be aware that increasingly, security systems treat any new file as a threat without any justification except that it is new. Please don't write to me about it; write to your security system provider and ask them to make their program smarter.
-----------------------
Changes since the last formal release.  This list is recapitulative.

New in version 6.5.5.3

Option to merge acars and mode-s reports.
Replace airframes.org lookup with planespotter.net page while airframes.org is offline.

New OLE/COM functions :
OLE/COM SetSkyWatcherMode(n) 0 = none; 1 = Tracking; 2 = Intercept
OLE/COM SendSkyWatcherHome() to user defined parking position

New in version 6.5.5.4
New OLE/COM functions :
OLE/COM GetPlaneData(i,37) returns currently in (1)/out (0) of zone, if defined; returns 0 if zone not defined
OLE/COM GetPlaneData(i,38) returns seconds to Time of Nearest Approach (TNA)
OLE/COM GetPlaneData(i,39) returns latitude at TNA
OLE/COM GetPlaneData(i,40) returns longitude at TNA
OLE/COM GetPlaneData(i,41) returns position at TNA inside zone (1) or outside/no zome defined (0)

OpenAIP navaids can now have colours other than grey

New in version 6.5.5.5
New OLE/COM function :
OLE/COM SetContrailStateByHex(hex,0/1) 0 = no contrail; 1 = contrail on this aircraft

New in version 6.5.5.6
Restore Airframes.org lookup now that it is working again.

New in version 6.5.5.7
Hover over "C" window highlights on the chart any plots at the cursor altitude.
Right click on "C" window (eg on a Mode-A trace) sets the designated aircraft to the altitude of the cursor if it has unknown altitude.

New in version 6.5.5.8
Refines new "C" window features in 6.5.5.7
500' tolerance on hovering over "c" window to highlight plots at that altitude.
Right click on "C" window sets the designated aircraft to the nearest 500' of the cursor altitude.

New in version 6.5.5.9
Option to enable IPv6 port to receive peer-to-peer UDP requests.  PP..Options..IPv6 enable.

New in version 6.5.6.1
Update support for inbound IPv6 UDP packets.
Update variables list for support upload.

New in version 6.5.6.2
Port trigger for IPv4/IPv6 UDP traffic.

New in version 6.5.6.3
Ping rate logging for Beamfinder.

New in version 6.5.6.4
IPv6 enable update.

New in version 6.5.6.5
Bind preferred IPv6 address to port 9742 when enabled

Enjoy!
Regards
Bev
COAA
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Triple7

From Bev,

Hi,

For users running WinXP or Win2000, I have compiled a special version of PP 6.5.6.5, which excludes the IPv6 functions that cannot run on those platforms.
The option is now shown on on the planeplotter homepage in the download section.  Please don't use this if you are running Win VIsta or later; it is only for use on XP and Win 2000 systems.

It was easier to make a special version than to find a way to stop the version nag screen appearing for existing earlier versions which worked under XP/2000.

Since I do not possess such a platform, I cannot test it fully.  It does work on the oldest systems I have here.

If it works under XP/2000, it should allow users on those platforms to continue to benefit from the improvements in 6.5.6.5 only excluding the IPv6 experimental functions.

Regards
Bev
COAA

SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter