Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 05:55:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Map trail colors

Started by GenarHofoen, November 20, 2022, 04:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GenarHofoen

Hi all, I have searched high and low (forgive the pun  :) )and cannot find how (if it is even possible, but memory says it is) to modify the colors the map uses when drawing aircraft trails so it color codes them by altitude. I seem to recall being able to edit this somewhere but darned if I can remember how. Thanks in advance..

Anmer

Welcome.

I'm not a regular VRS user but maybethis will help?

https://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Documentation/CustomContent/ChangeSettings.aspx

Scroll down to Map Options.
Here to Help.

boro

I don't know if this is what you mean but when you have the VRS map open, click menu, you will then see five tabs come up, click the 'Aircraft' tab and on that tab you will see 'Aircraft Trails' that gives you a choice of six different aircraft trails you can use, I use 'Position and Altitude' which shows different colours depending of the altitude of the aircraft.

GenarHofoen

Quote from: Anmer on November 20, 2022, 04:41:19 PM
Welcome.

I'm not a regular VRS user but maybethis will help?

https://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Documentation/CustomContent/ChangeSettings.aspx

Scroll down to Map Options.

Hi, thanks for that, yeah I saw those pages earlier but I was thinking there is a way to do this directly from the 'options' on the map display but I may be mis-remembering. Thanks anyway....

GenarHofoen

Quote from: boro on November 20, 2022, 04:48:37 PM
I don't know if this is what you mean but when you have the VRS map open, click menu, you will then see five tabs come up, click the 'Aircraft' tab and on that tab you will see 'Aircraft Trails' that gives you a choice of six different aircraft trails you can use, I use 'Position and Altitude' which shows different colours depending of the altitude of the aircraft.

That is exactly the display I mean, yes, but as far as I can see there is no way to change the colors the display uses, at least not from that options screen. I must be imagining it :) Thanks

boro

There are options to change the colours on the Range Circles and Receiver Range but, as you say, I don't see any options to customise the colours on the aircraft trails.

GenarHofoen

Quote from: boro on November 20, 2022, 08:23:02 PM
There are options to change the colours on the Range Circles and Receiver Range but, as you say, I don't see any options to customise the colours on the aircraft trails.
Yeah, agreed. I must be thinking of another program maybe, thanks all.
:D