Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 11:17:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Reinstalling SBS1e on New PC

Started by Pete, January 08, 2023, 11:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Hi

After nearly 20 years my faithful laptop running my SBS1e on Windows Vista is making strange noises and on its last legs.  I have managed reinstalled BS on a new laptop and it has connected to my SBS.

My question is:  Are there any files that I can also transfer over to update the various BS settings to save me having to try and recreate my old screen layout etc?

Also, although I haven't downloaded PP yet, are there any additional files to allow it to work correctly?  I seem to remember there were a couple of .dll files required at one time but that may of changed with one of the later software updates.   My BS is currently running Ver 1.2.4.184.

It's been a long time since I had to alter anything on BS and my memory fades!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Pete

Anmer

Welcome.

The two main files you need are the Basestation.ini and Basestation.sqb.  But you may also want outlines, waypoints and flags.

Can you still access the folders and files on the laptop?  And do you know where Basestation was installed?  Was it the default Program files location or one of your choosing?
Here to Help.

Pete

Hi Anmer

Thank you for replying, we have corresponded before but that was many years ago, I hope you are well.

Yes,  I still have access (at the moment) to the Basestation files.  I had created a had new folder for its location.

Pete

Anmer

Quote from: Pete on January 08, 2023, 12:31:07 PM
Yes,  I still have access (at the moment) to the Basestation files.  I had created a had new folder for its location.

Good.

I'd copy the whole Kinetic folder, sub-folders and all files to the new PC.  Run Basestation from that new folder and you should see your original configuration.  If not, please get back to me.
Here to Help.

Pete

Brilliant, it worked a treat and it's surprising how quickly it now loads!

I'll rest on my laurels before I tackle PlanePlotter tomorrow.

I don't know if you can help but I plan to use a second monitor for PlancePlotter.  My old laptop used UltraMon to achieve this but unfortunately I've lost all the licence details.  Do you know it my new Windows 11 laptop supports a second monitor or will I need to download something newer to achieve this?

Thanks again for your help.

Pete

Anmer

If your new laptop has an external monitor port, you should be fine.
Here to Help.

Brizerad99

My basestation software is playing up and I cannot find anywhere to download and install a new copy. Can anyone help?

Triple7

Quote from: Brizerad99 on April 05, 2023, 09:31:34 AM
My basestation software is playing up and I cannot find anywhere to download and install a new copy. Can anyone help?

Did you look in the software section of this forum?

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=item596

Download by clicking on the big cloud button on the right.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Brizerad99

Hi Tim,
Thank you for the direction to the download section. Much appreciated.

Regards
Campbell