Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 10:53:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

New Outlines - Download and Upload

Started by Anmer, March 08, 2023, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Those who use Basestation, PlanePlotter and RadarBox can add outlines to their respective maps, typically coastlines, holds, centrelines, airways and airfield runways.

I've just uploaded approximately 1,600 airfield outlines, mostly created by Rod Bearden and others.  Many of these outline files were hosted on a Gatwick Aviation Society server and downloaded using SBS Resources,  However the server is long gone and I'm not aware of another repository.  In many cases, an outline author is unknown.

Whilst these outlines are or have been freely available elsewhere, I'm conscious they're not a Radarspotting asset and will remove any if asked by the original creator.  However I would like to acknowledge those who I know have created many of the outlines, even if I can't attribute them to specific files.  So, to the following, in no particular order, my thanks for their hard work:

Rod Bearden
Paul Brown
Truetrack
Ian Gott
Pipo
Skywatch
Faramir
Anmer  ;)

To download an Outline, select the top menu item "Outlines".  There's a useful Search option which should make it easy to find an outline you're after.

If you can't find one, there's a free Guide on how to create your own.  Or post a request in this thread.

And if you have an outline to share with forum members, you can upload it in the Outlines area.

The Outline Title should be the official airfield/airport name followed by the ICAO four letter airport code.  See field highlighted yellow.

Optionally you can add a description, keywords and an outline image.  The Outline image should be a recognised image file, such as .jpg, .bmp, .png.  You cannot upload the .out file as an image.

An example "Download" page is shown in the attachment together with an optional airport outline image..

If anyone has other types of outlines they want to share or made available, just send me a Personal Message so I can create a suitable category.  The same applies to Waypoint files.

Any questions or suggestions, please post in this thread.  My thanks to Faramir and Triple7 for helping with this addition to the forum.
Here to Help.

Paul Kay

Would anyone out there have an up to date outline for Frankfurt airport for my SBS as the one I have does not show the new runway, have looked on this website but it has the same one I have
Thanks

Paul

Anmer

Does the attached Google satellite view include the new runway?  I assume it's the north/south one to the west?
Here to Help.

Ospreyv22

Hi

I think this is what you are after in the attach.

Regards

Ian

Paul Kay

Thanks for the outline of the new runway at Frankfurt it works a treat

Paul

Ospreyv22

Your welcome,

I have sent it to the outlines file to be approved so others can use it if they wish.

Ian

A380

Hello,

I'm searching for the "new" Taxiway Layout Runway 23 / 33 (Linup Area) and Parking Area / Taxylines for EDDH.

Thanks

A380

Ospreyv22

Have you looked in outlines and in the search type EDDH.
There is 4 downloadable files which are Hi-Res.