Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 12:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

4CADC5 C/S EIION CHC HELI? MAYBE

Started by Sketco, April 27, 2023, 04:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sketco

4CADC5 (GOOGLE GIVES ME NOTHING) CALLSIGN EIION (NO LISTING)  I believe it may be a CHC heli out of Dublin (a guess) Last seen on tracker heading towards Chivenor. disappeared to tracking sites abeam Cardiff. Any leads please

Sketco

appeared again, overflew Chivenor. any thoughts?

Anmer

FR24 claims it's an A139 s/n 31993, EI-ION.
Here to Help.

Sketco

Quote from: Anmer on April 27, 2023, 04:51:14 PM
FR24 claims it's an A139 s/n 31993, EI-ION.
Thank you for that. I couldn't find any reference to it at all, so this gets me a little further down the track (lost it halfway across the English Channel). The destination may give some clues to tidy this one up . Cheers

Ospreyv22

It arrived at Dublin last week as I-RAIN

Sketco

Perfect thank you. I believe this would be a SAR Chopper. Explains its zip across the channel from its origin today in Dublin. I think it is related to CHC Helis (new office / hangar in Dublin)  as they are worldwide and SAR operators among other things. Nice...Thank you.

Anmer

Here to Help.

Sketco

oh nice one!! Thank you. She's had a paint job too.  My google must be broken. First three pages of search for EI-ION give me Electron Ionization and mass spectrometry. It passed 6 miles to my West at 1100feet  after leaving Dublin, didn't see it or hear it, but we were socked in today. Hopefully not a ferry flight or one off to add a definitive owner to it.

Sketco

Quote from: Anmer on April 27, 2023, 07:34:02 PM
Quote from: Sketco on April 27, 2023, 07:11:34 PM
Perfect thank you. I believe this would be a SAR Chopper.

The Irish CG have been exploring a new SAR contract:

https://verticalmag.com/news/irish-coast-guard-shopping-for-new-search-and-rescue-service/

Ah. I see. Yes I frequently see EI-ICA on the map, operated by CHC. They built an entire new SAR facility in Dublin in 2018.
I can't imagine CHC disappearing anytime soon. Great info though. This forum is just amazing!

Clubba

Quote from: Sketco on April 27, 2023, 10:52:51 PMoh nice one!! Thank you. She's had a paint job too.  My google must be broken. First three pages of search for EI-ION give me Electron Ionization and mass spectrometry. It passed 6 miles to my West at 1100feet  after leaving Dublin, didn't see it or hear it, but we were socked in today. Hopefully not a ferry flight or one off to add a definitive owner to it.
Always type "aircraft" at the start of searches it helps avoid the needless results somewhat

s92driver

Operated by Krypton Aviation, based at Weston.

No connection to CHC or to the Coastguard.