Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 12:28:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

BaseStation and RTL1090/Dump1090?

Started by Frank, July 29, 2023, 01:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Anmer on July 31, 2023, 07:52:03 AMThat's really good to hear, well done.

Basestation is very customisable.  There's a Guide here that may help:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=item50

Are you located near Newburyport?  Spent a few weeks there on vacation a few years back.

Is there a "Operator" info folder somewhere for BS? only column that doesn't have anything it. Guess I'm use to VR that shows me who the owner is of one you click on. Now to just make sure all my info folders are up to date. Thx 

Anmer

Do you mean a folder for the logo/silhouettes that would appear in the aircraft list and popup Aircraft Details window?
If you do, take a look at this Guide:

Operator Logos and Silhouettes
Here to Help.

Frank

Yes sir, that's the empty column I have on mine. I see in your image that it's filled, for the most part. I see my folder is empty, reason why its not showing anything. Guess I need to find the latest files to put into this folder for them to show up. Read the link you provided and also read thru the BS user manual as well. Lots a good info I was looking for to some questions I had. Thanks  Frank 

Frank

Quote from: Frank on August 02, 2023, 12:25:21 AMYes sir, that's the empty column I have on mine. I see in your image that it's filled, for the most part. I see my folder is empty, reason why its not showing anything. Guess I need to find the latest files to put into this folder for them to show up. Read the link you provided and also read thru the BS user manual as well. Lots a good info I was looking for to some questions I had. Thanks  Frank

Hum, copied the contents of my other folder over into the working folder, restarted BS and nothing showing up. Doing more reading, must have done something wrong, oh, do I need to specify this in the bat file? think I do since I have other lines in it for other items? Oh, have to find some USA waypoints as well.

Anmer

Does your Basestation.sqb file have the OperatorFlagCode field populated with data for which you have a matching .bmp file in the OperatorFlags folder?

In the attached example, the field is populated with ACA and there's an ACA.bmp file in my folder.

See Page 4 (onwards) of my Guide.  It was published in 2009 and some apps are no longer working or available.  But the principle is the same and there are other options to populate the OperatorFlagCode field.
Here to Help.

menhams-j

When I ran ADU/SBS I noticed the word ACA.BMP was always deleted I mean .BMP and it just said ACA this was 3 letters on all of my logos. I have also looked up the logos and all it says Read me. Its not just my logos that are missing the Registrations. and I had to put in a new 184 download. As everything was wiped out I wish it was all straight forward to use. menhams-j

Frank

Hum, not sure how to view that file, but I'll go read some more.

Frank

Trying to get the most out of this program. Been running really well and logging a lot of aircraft. Still exploring. Looking for waypoints for the USA, I see there are individual sections, but not sure how to install them, more reading. Still working operator option still. Thanks

Anmer

There's a very good explanation about Outlines and Waypoints in Bones' SBS Basestation Tutorial.

Highly recommended reading!
Here to Help.

Frank

OK, thanks, I'll check it out, still haven't gotten anything to show up yet in the operator column. Question thou, think I asked already, does all the extra info in the .bat tell the program where to look to find what is to display? maybe its something I'm missing there. Thank you

Anmer

Quote from: Frank on August 04, 2023, 12:35:41 AMQuestion thou, think I asked already, does all the extra info in the .bat tell the program where to look to find what is to display? maybe its something I'm missing there. Thank you

And I replied to your PM as follows:

Hi Frank

The BAT file has no influence on your logos.  It only handles the data output from the receiver.

Basestation handles the logos, expecting to find bmp files in the OperatorFlags folder.  But to make them appear in the list, the aircraft record in the Basetstaion.sqb file needs to be "populated" with data that's not transmitted in the Mode-S message - owner, registration, type etc.  But most importantly a link to the relevant bmp file in the OperatorFlagCode field.

This is all explained in the Guide.  And my reply to your post:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?msg=104418

Did you not receive my message?
Here to Help.

Frank

Hi Anmer, oh ok, so really this is all that is needed in the bat file for BS to run:

So this .bat file is all that is needed for BS?:

@echo off
cmd /c modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 127.0.0.1:31001 --outServer sbs10001:10002

PAUSE
exit

Oh, I see your reply now, sorry, forgot to check the inbox, been some time since I've been on a forum.  Ok, I'll go re-read that again. Not good at reading so I have to read it a few times and try things. How do you view that SQB file? so I can check and see if its correct,etc?

Thank you
Frank

The one I'm running now is:

@echo off
cmd /c modesmixer2.exe C:\Modesmixer\basestation\basestation.sqb --silhouettes C:\Modesmixer\silhouettes --pictures c:\Modesmixer\pictures --location 42.25:071.25 --inConnect 127.0.0.1:31001  --outServer sbs10001:10002

PAUSE
exit

So all that extra above is not needed?

Anmer

You should get it to work using the abbreviated BAT file.
Here to Help.

Frank