Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 11:58:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

FR24 Flights

Started by Anmer, March 24, 2022, 09:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Here to Help.

jonboy1081

It wont post as its a .xlsx file.

It says only these are allowed to be attached. Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, JPG, jpeg, pdf, png, txt, zip, bmp, mov, clb, out, xsl

PDF works though so thats attached. :)

[attachment deleted reduce file load]

Anmer

Quote from: jonboy1081 on March 24, 2022, 08:41:18 PM
It wont post as its a .xlsx file.

That's because I wrongly assumed it would be an .xls  ::)
Here to Help.

jonboy1081

Ha ha, format on PDF is not the best.....

Oblivian

Someone made us aware of these on the FR24 forum recently.

It's going to be an absolute nightmare for trackers. Bright idea for the UK AA and their safety strategy.. perhaps

On the one hand, there are the owners wanting to 'see' themselves or their IDs handed out (or their name or made up likely duplicate callsigns!) on trackers.

Then will be the 'what the heck are these' people that use trackers like no tomorrow and spot them.

All the while you have the administrators going 'our Database can't handle duplicate data cells with no fixed HEX to reg or duplicate callsigns that are close to commercial ones already registered'

Anmer

Quote from: Oblivian on April 18, 2022, 08:53:08 AM
Someone made us aware of these on the FR24 forum recently.

I notified FR24 direct about these on 24th March 2022:

Those earlier flights appear to be microlights and powered paragliders.

It appears the hex codes are allocated to an individual and not the airframe.  I'm trying to find out who's allocating the codes.  So far all are in the range 425nnn

Here to Help.

Oblivian

Well yes, per usual. Community users last to hear about it until someone moans :). User was wanting his own made up callsign added to dbase as a valid callsign/aircraft.

https://forum.flightradar24.com/forum/radar-forums/flightradar24-aircraft-database/11995-discussion-about-flightradar24-database?p=212805#post212805

There he claims it's still the CAA issuing.

But at least if they are in own block inside the UK range starting at 425 it'll be easier to tell databases to 'ignore' them.

Anmer

Quote from: Oblivian on April 18, 2022, 09:51:52 AM
There he claims it's still the CAA issuing.

But at least if they are in own block inside the UK range starting at 425 it'll be easier to tell databases to 'ignore' them.

Yes, it appears to be the UK CAA allocating the codes and, hopefully, restricted to a known range such as 425nnn.

If I were FR24 I'd show them as Unknown Aircraft/Type and Operator as "Conspicuity Code".

https://www.caa.co.uk/general-aviation/aircraft-ownership-and-maintenance/electronic-conspicuity-devices/
Here to Help.

REACHhunter

I have 2 on atm, both down near Brize Norton,  425173 ROADSTER is one, 2nd vanshed just before I posted, but was 425177, and I often see the EYELASHES one near my location in Huntingdon

Ray

jonboy1081

Hi Ray,

425177 is BOOSEPPG and always seems to be around with ROADSTER, based on PPG I've always presumed that that one is a Powered ParaGlider, Roadster is also a model of PPG made by Ozone. 😄

Cheers

BoosePPG

👋 thought I'd just pop on and say hello 😉 and yes you are correct in that we're paramotors 👍😊

rikgale

That's the best kind of tie-up. One that comes with a personal touch! :)
Would you be kind enough to provide the Manufacture/Model of the PPG?
Thank you for the confirmation.

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

mhm

Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

BoosePPG

Indeed 😋 I was actually searching for another 'PPG' that showed up not that far from where I fly which subsequently got me to search my own 'BoosePPG' and found your forum 😊

Sure, I fly a Miniplane Classic frame coupled with a Vittorazi Moster 185 Plus engine and an Ozone Roadster 3 wing 👍 😊