Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 10:13:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Gallery and Logo Zip Files

Started by Anmer, June 15, 2016, 08:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

There's nothing wrong with this file:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=95111

I can download it and open it.

What are you using to "open" this file?

And are you using the Download Item to save the file?
Here to Help.

citationten

Ok - 'I' am not saying there is something wrong with the file, my computer is. I'm just the messenger.

I have searched 'Flightpath' and picked the flag that is appropriate - your link is not the flag I was trying to download (the aircraft I'm assigning the flag too is C-GNVI (LJ45), so i was looking for a General flag, hence my choice;

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=104109

I download the item to my Desktop. In this particular case I change the name of the file to Operator Code (KNT) . I have tried attaching the .bmp file to illustrate what I see. I've also attached another file which appears ok.

Since I posted the message I've tried downloading a flag for  - VeriJet (WSP) which you have kindly added and I have the same issue

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=83571

I'm using an Apple iMac to download the flags from the Gallery, transfer them to a USB and then in turn onto my sqb file.

Sorry I'm not a tech whizz, so I apologise if I've not answered your question correctly. Please do not get me wrong, I think this facility is top class.

Keith

citationten

I'm even more confused now - the attachments in my message to you come out ok in the message, just not on my Desktop - doh!

Anmer

Quote from: citationten on July 17, 2023, 06:05:42 PM
I'm even more confused now - the attachments in my message to you come out ok in the message, just not on my Desktop - doh!

When you download the bmp file to your desktop, what are you using to view them?  And is your "desktop" the Applie iMac?

The one thing I'm confident about is the bmp files are all good.
Here to Help.

citationten

Like you I'm sure they are good - just something my end.

Apple iMac

Firefox Browser

The download appears on my Desktop I opt to 'Open' the file and usually I have no issues but with these two files I get the message I relayed up front of this conversation.

Sorry for the delay - visitors.

Keith

citationten

Sorry - it is saying 'Open with Preview'

Keith

citationten

I've also tried using Safari - again no go.

I'll try a Windows laptop I have and report back.

Keith

citationten

Right Anmer - I've no idea why, but I've managed to open the two files I'm having problems with on Apple, easily on a Windows 7 machine - crazy.

Sorry to have troubled you and thank you again for your patience & understanding

Keith

Anmer

Thanks for the update and glad to hear it's all OK now.
Here to Help.