Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 01:28:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SBS outlines/waypoints/SQB files install on new laptop

Started by geoffn, September 11, 2023, 12:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffn

Hi all, having terrible problems loading outlines/waypoints/SQB files from old laptop to new laptop. Have got SBS working,  have got files on to USB stick and into new laptop but cant seem to get them into SBS was hoping can somebody can explain/help as what i'm doing wrong because its driving me mad. Last time everything was installed was 5/6years ago and done by computer place but not there any more.

Anmer

Welcome.

Have you installed Basestation on the new laptop?  And if you did, in which directory/folder is it installed?

The Outline (.out) files need to be placed in the Outlines fsub-folder in the Basestation folder.  And Waypoint (.wpt) files in the Waypoints sub-folder.

If you still need help, please post back here.
Here to Help.

geoffn

Hi Anmer thanks for replying sorry didn't see your reply earlier as trying to get PP in as well didn't realize had to open message to see reply anyway basestation is in Programme Files x86 >kinetic > basestation and folders with outlines/waypoints in but cant see sub folders how do i get to them ? sorry not very good at this

Anmer

It may be easier to explain if we do a remote session together.  Let me know if you're OK to do this.
Here to Help.

geoffn

Morning Anmer, yes would be good to do that, but taking old/new laptops to computer man shortly to put stuff into new laptop so maybe at end of week - will depend on how long he takes to do it. Will let you know asap. Your help is very much appreciated.

Anmer

Let me know when you're able to do this and we can arrange a suitable day and time.
Here to Help.

geoffn

Hi Anmer, finally got my laptop back  tried some things to get SBS/plane plotter as it was but to no avail, probably made it worse now, hope the offer still stands to help, any day/time which is best for you. Thank you Geoff.

Anmer

The offer still stands.

I'm around most of Sunday if that helps?

Send me a PM with your availability next week.
Here to Help.

geoffn

Morning Anmer yes i'm at home now if that's convenient

Anmer

Sorry, had a few domestic chores this morning.

I've sent you a Personal Message explaining how to set up the remote session.
Here to Help.

Phil Harper

Hi Anmer,

got the same issue, new laptop.
ive packed the reporter on old laptop, but when
Im trying to back up the basestation reporter but keep getting error messages when doing so,

was trying to back it up to the desktop to then transfer with a memory stick over to new laptop

didnt have a problem last time i did it ( approx 6 years ago lol)

any advice?

Anmer

Probably an sqb file location issue.

Happy to take a look with yu on a remote session.

I'm available most of the week.
Here to Help.

Phil Harper

Hi Anmer,

that would be brilliant, thankyou.
let me know when suits you best

Anmer

Here to Help.