Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 09:14:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

No planes

Started by SoCal Mac, October 11, 2023, 10:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal Mac

Not sure what happened. VRS was working fine. Was seeing planes on screen. Now all I see is data from plane but no planes on screen. Maybe a reinstall of VRS?

rikgale

1) Make sure you have got any of the filters set.
2) Clear your broswer cashe and reboot
3) If you are running VRS on a different machine that you are view from - restart that machine.

3 things to try before a re-install.

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

SoCal Mac

I'll give that a try. I now see a few planes on my screen. I'm looking at ADS-B Exchange and the planes not being plotted are showing MLAT for some reason.

Thanks for the reply. Will update after I try your ideas.

Mac

SoCal Mac

I cleared the cache. Maybe a Windows 10 update from earlier did something. I'll try rolling it back before update and see if that helps. All my VRS settings got dumped when I cleaned the cache.
I try working on it after I've had some sleep. Almost 3:00am my time.

Many thanks for your help.

Mac

Anmer

Is your receiver working?  Antenna OK?

And is VRS showing the receiver connected and processing messages?
Here to Help.

rikgale

If you are seeing some planes, then the chances are a re-install or VRS will not fix the problem. Do you feed your data into any other visualistion e.g. Basestation / tar1090?
Some setting is out or there are issues elsewhere in the chain of things between the antenna and VRS.
The cache clear out will only reset the visalisation settings for VRS and should not have affected the server settings.

Windows updates appear to break a lot of things. My money is now on this.

SoCal Mac

Dongle and antenna are good. I did see messages being passed and no errors.

I don't feed any services just run on an old windows machine.

Is there a way to keep the visualization settings for VRS from getting reset.

I used CC cleaner to clean the cache.

I couldn't figure a way to answer the questions from Mike that is why I combined my reply.

Mac

SoCal Mac

Quote from: Anmer on October 11, 2023, 11:06:45 AMIs your receiver working?  Antenna OK?

And is VRS showing the receiver connected and processing messages?

Couldn't reply unless I hit the quote button. New at this message stuff.

Receiver and antenna are working.

VRS did show connected and processing messages.

At some point I'd like to drop VRS and use tar1090 and get the type display from adsb exchange. Better plane icons.

I have a pi3 and old laptop with Linux but my PC skills are lacking.

Mac

Anmer

Quote from: SoCal Mac on October 11, 2023, 11:39:26 AMCouldn't reply unless I hit the quote button. New at this message stuff.

Reply buttons at top and bottom of message thread.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Have you tried closing the VRS browser page and opening a new one using the link in the VRS Windows screen?

I've never had an issue with Windows Updates affecting VRS.
Here to Help.

rikgale

QuoteAt some point I'd like to drop VRS and use tar1090 and get the type display from adsb exchange. Better plane icons. I have a pi3 and old laptop with Linux but my PC skills are lacking.

Try this - https://adsb.im/home

All in one feeding iamge with tar1090 interface, graphs, auto updating etc etc.

Also if you go onto my G.H. repo I have update plane icons for VRS (version 3) which are very similar to tar1090

Wondering if the windows update also included a DotNet update... but it would be odd for it to break and for only some of hte planes to show

rikgale

Quote from: SoCal Mac on October 11, 2023, 11:30:21 AMDongle and antenna are good. I did see messages being passed and no errors.

I don't feed any services just run on an old windows machine.

Is there a way to keep the visualization settings for VRS from getting reset.

I used CC cleaner to clean the cache.

I couldn't figure a way to answer the questions from Mike that is why I combined my reply.

Mac

No there is no way of keeping the settings on tha cache clear, but there is away of changing the defaults that VRS give on a 'cleaned' broswer.

Go here https://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Documentation/WebServer/WebSiteOptions.aspx

Scroll down to INITAL Settings