Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:49:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

DumpHFDL

Started by Clubba, November 18, 2023, 10:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clubba

Does anyone know how to get HFDL to write to VRS database?

Clubba

I'm running Dumphfdl on a 4gb Ras pi 4 running raspberry desktop (bookworm) with VRS 3 installed & using RSP1A SDR as the source feed. I also have the option of feeding output to VRS on a Linux PC on local network.

rikgale

Trying to figure out if you answered your own question, or no.

But, if you fire up another VRS on another computer and just feed the dumpHFDL basestation(SBS) output to VRS and make sure that copy of VRS is set up to log, then you will have a record of only the flights from dumpHFDL

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

Clubba

Hi Rik, I'll have to pick up another Dell mini I think, I can't feed DB on my other box as it's my ADSB server and running a 500w PC for HFDL is a bit costly.

rikgale

you could install VRS under a docker environment, and this would allow multiple instances of VRS on the same machine (I have 3 or 4 VRS instances on one machine)... or if you want a seperate machine, use a Pi - less power and it will easily handle anything dumpHFDL can throw at it. The message rate is minisule compared to ADSB.

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

Clubba

I'll have to look into to the docker, haven't installed it before and did want to use it for a multiple acars feed but never got around to it.
Cheers for that  ;)