Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:58:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SBS 3, PI 3+ and Flight Radar 24

Started by skippyinspace, December 31, 2023, 06:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Have you tried this config?

receiver="sbs1usb"
fr24key="7f351959ae484b83"
host="192.168.1.170:30006"
path="/dev/ttyUSB0"
bs="yes"
raw="no"
baudrate="3000000"
logmode="1"
windowmode="0"
logpath="/var/log/fr24feed"
mpx="no"
mlat="yes"
mlat-without-gps="yes"
Here to Help.

skippyinspace

Was told ny FR24 Support to remove the IP address if using USB. In the end I did trial and error and it suddenly workerd. It looks like iy was the baud rate that was the sticking point. Used the 1mb mode S Beast and the SBS Feed = Yes

Thanks for the help

Ian

Anmer

Great, pleased to hear you're up an running.

FR24's manual is a bit confusing:

sbs1usb - SBS1, SBS1er, SBS3 connected directly via USB. For Linux users the device
path of the receiver needs to be specified using "--path" (see below). When using a
Kinetic Avionics receiver an additional option "--mpx" is available so you can
connect to BaseStation as well.

For the benefit of others, can you share the full config file that now works.
Here to Help.

skippyinspace

Well I VNC into the PI and other than closed a control box that was open and then lost internet  and now it doesnt work again!

Will now leave it until Im back from work

Starting to get anoyed !

skippyinspace

Starting to think MM2 might be the way to go but this is a foreign language to me, If this could be explained in some sort of English

From  an old post

Below is the the code that I use to link a Pi to my SBS-3. I have also added a docker compose file used to create a container which as mm2 pre-installed into it and the necessary parameters to get it working with the SBS-3. The code outputs Beast/AVR format on port 30005, Basestation format on 30003 and SBS10001 format on port 10002, the website port of mm2 is set to 6081.

CodeSelect
/usr/local/bin/modesmixer2 --inSerial /dev/ttyUSB1:3000000:none --outServer beast:30005 --outServer msg:30003 --outServer sbs10001:10002 --web 6081 --location XXXXX:YYYYYY

Docker compose for mm2 with SBS-3 as a usb input.
CodeSelect Expand
  mm2BS:
    image: mikenye/modesmixer2:latest
    tty: true
    container_name: mm2BS
    privileged: true
    restart: always
    devices:
      - /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb
    environment:
      - MM2_WEB=6081
      - TZ=${FEEDER_TZ}
      - MM2_LOCATION=${FEEDER_LAT}:${FEEDER_LONG}
      - MM2_INSERIAL=/dev/ttyUSB1:3000000:none
      - MM2_OUTSERVER=beast:30005;msg:30003;sbs10001:10002
    ports:
      - 30005:30005
      - 30003:30003
      - 10002:10002
      - 6081:6081

Anmer

Have you given up on your original setup that was orking yesterday?
Here to Help.

skippyinspace

I havent given up yet but thought I might start investigating an alternitive.

FR24 Suport today says this the is it an SBS reciever seems to be a problem with the 64 bit image and SBS.

The thing is that FR24 Support is one email a day.

I have tried the settings again and it doesnt work, No idea why it worked yesterday!

rikgale

You could try re-installing with a 32-bit Raspberry Pi OS (I think that Bullseye is the most recent) and then try all this again. IF it is still a problem then at least you can rule out the 64 bit OS being the root of the issue - this would seem odd if it was working and now is not, but you won't know unless you try :)

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

skippyinspace

As its a Pi3b+ I got a new SD Card and flashed the legacy imange.  Still didnt work, tried a few trial and error setting still nothing. Went had dinner and unplugged the power usb on the Y usb going into the pi. Caame back and it was working (No idea why) the ini file below

receiver="sbs3usb"

fr24key="1234xxxxxx"

path="/dev/ttyUSB1"

bs="no"

raw="no"

baudrate="1000000"

logmode="1"

windowmode="0"

logpath="/var/log/fr24feed"

mpx="yes"

mlat="no"

mlat-without-gps="no"

skippyinspace

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

Came home and its stopped. have restarted etc and no session, Psibbly an internet drop between the wifi  extender that the Pi is connected to or the extnder and the router. But I dont get why even after restarting it doesnt connect.

The Pi3b+ powersupply doesnt seem to be a tight fit into the pi scocket so Im wondering if there is an issue there.

Another of these projects that should be using what is lying around that now looks to be costing £30 or so with new power supplies, SD Cards etc.

skippyinspace

And its back!

Think the key is possibly when it loses connection to restart everything and also to VNC into the Pi and start from the cmd prompt and wait half an hour or so!