Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 10:36:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Countries DAT file

Started by boro, February 13, 2024, 11:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boro

An update on the flag problem, I had another look at the BMP flags folder and I eventually discovered that the Russia BMP flag was causing the problem, i deleted it and Basestation is now working ok with the BMP flags and DAT file.

Peter

Anmer

Great, thanks for the update.

Can you expand on the Russian flag issue?  I thought you'd sent me all the files in your BMPFlags folder?
Here to Help.

boro

I Anmer, yes I sent the flag folder i was using but last night i went through the folder taking out the flags and putting them back in a few at a time and it was the Russia_mil flag causing the problem. I tried again this morning and put the Russia_mil flag back in the flag folder and Basestation wouldn't open up, I took it out Basestation opened up OK. I wondering whether there is a conflict with the countries dat file?

Anmer

Thanks.

Strange as that bmp is in the Zip you sent me and doesn't cause my Basestation to error when used alongside your Countries.dat file. 

What version of Basestation are you running?
Here to Help.

boro

Anmer

Version 184 is same as mine.

Strange as I was using the same BMP files and dat file as you including the Russia_Mil.bmp.  And no Basestation issues!
Here to Help.

boro

I downloaded Steve Hibberds country flags and when I ran basestation it wouldn't open up, I took out the Russia_mil flag and basestation worked with the remaining 446 flags  :-\ I am puzzled why that should be the case.

Anmer

Just tried again using the (attached) Countries.dat file and the BMPFlags you uploaded in the Zip.

Basestation ran just fine.

Can you try something for me?

Save this bmp file to the BMPFlags folder and try again?  It's a different file from your Zip which I've named Russia_Mil.bmp.

If Basestation errors, it can't be the bmp file that's causing it.
Here to Help.

boro

I saved the BMP file to BMPFlags but basestation wouldn't open but it did so after I deleted the flag

Anmer

Thanks again for trying that.

When you saved it were you asked if you wanted to replace an existing file of the same name?

Can you try doing the same thing again, this time with the attached Dat file?

I've removed all 1,652 entries for Russia_Mil.bmp.

That's a lot of entries for one hex range!

And how much PC RAM do you have?
Here to Help.

boro

Hi Anmer, i had previously deleted the russia_mil flag in the flag folder so it was new when I saved it in the folder.

I ran the new dat file you sent with the russia_mil flag in the BMP folder and basestation worked.

I then set up a new dat file with just the 1652 russia_mil's with the russia_mil flag in the flags folder but basestation wouldn't open. So I had ago ago at breaking the russia_mil into groups of about 200 to see if each group would work with basestation, which they did, yet when I grouped them all together again, basestation wouldn't open up. Perhaps my methodology was wrong.

As for my computer, its only about 6 months old with Windows 11 and 16RAM

Many thanks for your help Anmer, the main thing is basestation is running ok with new dat file and with the russia_mil flag in the flag folder, and unless we get invaded by the russians I don't think i will be picking up any russian military for while!

Anmer

Thanks for doing that test.

Your setup doesn't like a dat file with 1,652 lines for Russia_Mil.bmp and a corresponding bmp file in the BMPFlags folder.  But mine runs OK with them.

I assume others are using the dat file with all 1,652 lines and not seeing any issues either.

This one baffles me.

But at least you have a working system, albeit missing the Russian military.  Might be a useful export to Ukraine?
Here to Help.

boro

Yes its a bit of a strange one, I might sometime or other have another go and see if I can get them working but as you say the system is working ok which is the main thing.

cheers