Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 08:02:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Active Display/SBS Populate failing after latest Windows update

Started by Shakey01, August 20, 2023, 12:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey01

After the latest updates to Windows 10 (KB5029244 V22H2 64 bit and KB5029649 for .NET framework) both Active Display Lite (including the new Dutch version) and SBS Populate install, work for 1-3 times and then fail, re-install and it repeats. I only use them to prepare a daily report but its a pain having to re-install and then direct the program to the Basestation location every 2-3 days. 2 Questions:
1. Is there any way to fix this?
2. If not, is there any other program that can generate a Daily Report?

It's not just my computer that does this, a friend has exactly the same problem but another seems to have installed the updates without any issues.

I'm not the greatest with computers, can navigate my way round and fix relatively simple things but that's it. If anyone can help please bear that in mind.

Thanks,

Bill

Anmer

Other forum members have reported similar issues.  A reinstall has worked for some, but not for all.

My ACtive Display and SBS-1 Populate work as normal and I haven't had any issues.

Have you tried formally uninstalling the apps before attempting a fresh install?

One other option is to also uninstall .NET and then try a fresh install of AD or SBS-1 Populate.
Here to Help.

mhm

I had trouble when searching my reporter, everything crashed. Reinstalled sbs ran it no problem, put copy of SQB into replace the new sqb and everything crashed.
In the end removed sbs from pc cleared cache rebooted pc then reinstalled sbs from an old copy that worked. Reinstalled sqb from a working sqb from previous week. Everything worked. Tried to run GAS could not connect checked the path, all seems ok. still would not connect.
Downloaded the Dutch version, connected path to my sqb works ok. Been running now for over a week database working well gas connects, have added some of the work that bones and others has been used in its folders and all works ok.
I have now turned off any updates on my windows 10 pc to stop Microsoft playing around with drivers to make you think your pc is past it and you need to buy a new pc.
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Shakey01

Thanks for your advice gentlemen.  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, I note Anmer wrote formally uninstalling, excuse my ignorance but is this different to uninstalling?

Anmer

Quote from: Shakey01 on August 21, 2023, 09:34:06 PMI note Anmer wrote formally uninstalling, excuse my ignorance but is this different to uninstalling?

Some people "uninstall" just by deleting files as opposed to using the Windows option to uninstall programs.

Did you try uninstalling .Net?
Here to Help.

Shakey01

Thanks for your help on this after many crashes and re-installs (20+) SBS Populate is now working and stable for preparing daily logs (which is all I use it for).

Anmer

Good news and thanks for the update.  I don't suppose you know what made it work again?
Here to Help.