Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 10:06:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

AirNav Bug Fixing Started?

Started by Anmer, October 25, 2012, 09:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Maybe we're being disingenuous?

There are still 2 days left before November commences.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Interesting post on the AirNav forum by Tarbat with a link to a PDF labelled "anrb_bugs.pdf".

This lists 19 "bugs" and 3 "New Features" including Multilateration and Beamfinder.

I can't tell if this is Tarbat's personal list or one maintained by AirNav.  I suspect the former.

But what's interesting is the implication that all of these are being addressed in the release that's with the beta testers.  When this becomes a beta release is another matter but many will assume it will be fairly soon, maybe only a few weeks.  But how many of the bugs are being addressed and is Multilateration included is anyone's guess.

I'll post a précis of chronological posts so you can make up your own minds.  I'm not holding my breath.

05 October 2012 - Tarbat
Back on topic.  Looking forward to beta testing v4.04.  AirNav, any estimate when we can expect a beta release for testing?

05 October 2012 AirNav Support
4.04 is being tested by certain users at the moment regarding the equator bug, this is a serious bug and we are rectify the issues being found by those customers first and then moving on to the others. We will provide more details when we have them in terms of dates. Rest assured we are doing our best to rectify this situation.

Not as simple as that I am afraid, its due to code bases. Version 5 was being developed with new featues and those bugs fixed, it was then decided at the end of July from these threads to get these fixes in 4.04 which is a different code base, however there was instability caused as they are different code bases.

In simple terms its like designing a new car with new materials and then trying to fit those parts back into a older car. Unfourtantely due to the delays Version 5 this has caused problems, however regardless of this we are committed to both Version 5 and 4.04 and working the best we can to get something to the users as soon as possible.

06 October 2012 - AirNav Development
Regarding RadarBox Windows Client Software (RadarBox 4.04): we have one specific developer addigned to the task of correcting all the pending problems but he is still busy in finishing another project, which will take 1-2 more weeks of his work - he is our best problem correction developer and we want to make sure he will work on this project (and not pass it to someone less experienced with this work).

03 November 2012 - Member "Col"
AirNav - I asked for an update before I left on a 2 week holiday but I am now back and there has been no comment from you. In fact, you have not given us an update on this thread for 4 weeks - even though you started this thread!

Can you let us know the latest? I am not asking you to make a commitment for release dates - just an idea of progress on the various projects that you have told us about.

03 November 2012 - AirNav Development
We are happy to announce that a new version of the software with all reported bugs corrected  is already on beta testing stage.
Work continues and we will let you know once we have more news.

We are still on the first stage of beta testing with a very closed number of users. After that we will release it to more users and once everything is working Ok we will release on the forum as a beta.

03 November 2012 - Tarbat

Also happy to confirm that beta testing has been progressing well all this week.

02 December 2012 - Member terralta2002
how much longer are we going to have to wait for improvements to the current software after all some of us invested in a anrb and it seems that the radarbox24 is free and runs a lot smoother

02 December 2012 - AirNav Support
As mentioned in other threads this is in early beta at the moment. So it shouldn't be too long before a public beta is released.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7206.msg85599#msg85599
Here to Help.

tarbat

Quote from: Anmer on November 04, 2012, 02:21:56 PMI can't tell if this is Tarbat's personal list or one maintained by AirNav.  I suspect the former.
It's a list compiled by me, asked for by AirNav, and being used as a key document in development and testing of v4.04.  It was compiled from my own understanding of the outstanding bugs, and from other users' feedback on that forum thread.

Quote from: Anmer on November 04, 2012, 02:21:56 PMIBut what's interesting is the implication that all of these are being addressed in the release that's with the beta testers.  When this becomes a beta release is another matter but many will assume it will be fairly soon, maybe only a few weeks.  But how many of the bugs are being addressed and is Multlateration included is anyone's guess. 

AFAIK, v4.04 is primarily a bug-fix release.  In beta testing, I'll be looking to test all the bugs on that list that I can reasonably test.  For example, I can't test the equatorial black hole bug locally!!

Brian

One of the reason why Tarbat should make the same bug list file available to all RadarBox users.
So we know what bugs/things is on the list.  Host the file outside of the forum area.
Have AirNav Systems upload it to the server, or something...

I will see if one of the bugs is fixed on the next version.

tarbat

Quote from: Brian on November 04, 2012, 02:52:11 PM
One of the reason why Tarbat should make the same bug list file available to all RadarBox users.
Did that months ago on the eu radarspotters forum.

Anmer

Here to Help.

tarbat

Quote from: Anmer on November 04, 2012, 03:15:50 PM
Quote from: tarbat on November 04, 2012, 03:09:07 PM
Did that months ago.

Wrong forum.  No one goes there anymore.   ;D

It was very popular at the time.  I can't go around posting the bug list to every forum that appears/disappears.  If you want to see the list, it's there for you to see.

Brian

It's not available to ALL RadarBox users on that AirNav Systems forum thread link you talked about.  Try logging out of that forum and try downloading the bug list!

It would be nice if we all can use the same link(URL) to the bug list.
So we know we are reading the same version.
Someone might update the bug list on one forum but not on the other forums/websites.  Should try to post the file outside of the forum software.

Just have someone with access to the AirNav Systems Server upload the file. So everyone can view the same file. Is it really that hard to do!!

Anmer

Quote from: tarbat on November 04, 2012, 03:26:25 PM
I can't go around posting the bug list to every forum that appears/disappears.

OK, I'll do it for you.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Here to Help.

Anmer

Quote from: tarbat on November 04, 2012, 02:37:24 PM
AFAIK, v4.04 is primarily a bug-fix release.  In beta testing, I'll be looking to test all the bugs on that list that I can reasonably test.  For example, I can't test the equatorial black hole bug locally!!

OK, so no Multilateration this time around?  Can't say I'm too surprised.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Posted two days ago:

Thanks AN
Can you list the bugs that have been addressed in the Beta testing so we all know what to expect and won't be dis-appointed ?
Brian

But still no response from AirNav.  No wonder I remain a sceptic.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7206.msg85593#msg85593
Here to Help.

Sun Worshipper

QuoteIt's not available to ALL RadarBox users on that AirNav Systems forum thread link you talked about.

I can't see it either as I'm banned!

Anmer

Quote from: Sun Worshipper on November 05, 2012, 11:29:18 AM
I can't see it either as I'm banned!

I posted Tarbat's list here:

http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,1699.msg7896.html#msg7896

But there's no confirmation from AirNav as to which "bugs" are being addressed in the next release of the RadarBox client software.  Let's not ignore the so-called "new project" that takes precedence.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Ah well, good while it lasted.  As Many of us predicted, we won't see RadarBox V4.04 this side of 2013.

Here we are, 16th December 2012, and AirNav now tells us 70% of the work is completed.  But on 4th October 2012, it announced:

"Early versions of 4.04 are already out there, if you search the forum you will see a few people have let this slip."

Why would anyone release a beta of a product that's only 70% complete?  Clearly product development and project management weren't included in the in the flight school prospectus!

This is exactly why I don't trust AirNav, especially statements issued by Brandao.

http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,1740.msg7780.html#msg7780

First ShipTrax and then RadarBox24.  What's the next excuse going to be?

"We are a little delayed with the latest improvements to the RadarBox Windows client software. We could say 70% of the work is finished now. We had to put the work on stby due to other priorities during the last 3 weeks but the good news is that we are resuming work today. Again tks for your patience."

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7206.msg87011#msg87011
Here to Help.

tarbat

From the beta testing I've been doing, I would say 70% is a fair assessment of the work completed.