Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 02:59:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SBS3 Hanging up !!

Started by airladysmith, October 26, 2012, 05:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airladysmith

Hi All ,

I have a problem with my SBS3 closing down for no reason  .  It happens about every two days or so .

My screen goes blank of all the data on the right hand side  .  Almost like some one pulled the USB cable out .

Then when I go to close the BaseStation the whole program hangs up  . 

I have a message showing   [  Turning data source off  ]  And there it stays  - never closes down . I have to reboot the computer .

I thought it may have been my USB power source - so I added a remote USB hub .  Still does not solve the problem .

Never saw it on my SBS1  .

another note on the ACARS mode .
I  have played around with the ACARS  - My thoughts are to the reports !!  it needs a set up like ACARSD so the data gathered can be set up so we can post it over the internet  .  There is so much data in the BaseStation Reporter  -   so why can not that be tapped into when running ACARS  .  Also when the Tuners are on the SBS3 gets warm .  Wonder if there is a heat protector in it .

Tony
Ladysmith
Vancouver Island

Anmer

Hi Tony

Are you powering the SBS-3 with the USB cable and are both in the PC, red and black?

Is it a PC or laptop?

Have you checked the Power Settings in Control Panel.

I've seen a few reports over the last 7 years of local interference, such as halogen lights or surveillance cameras affecting the USB connection.

I totally agree about the ACARS window.  See my earlier post:

http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,920.msg4370.html#msg4370
Here to Help.

airladysmith

Hi Anmer ,

The SBS3 is running on a Tower Computer  - W7  .

Red plug too the the remote USB supply and the black to the USB port in the computer . Think my problem may be a conflict with some other program .  I have ACARSD /PlanePlotter./ ADSB-Concentrator /Live-Military Modes/FlightRadar24 and Activedisplay all feeding off the SBS data .

Never thought to check the SBS3 Debug Window  >:(   - it may tell me what caused it to hang up !! 

The SBS3 is way better than the SBS1  - Aircraft stay on longer and the distance as improved  . Very happy with it so far .

Tony

Anmer

Thanks Tony

Is it the SBS-3 that powers off or Basestation closes?
Here to Help.

airladysmith

Hi ,

The BaseStation stays on the screen - but all the data is gone  .  The radar map stays on but no data  - It clears . 

Then the  whole BaseStation program hangs up - Have to reboot the computer to close it  !!   

May have to run the Firmware  again !!  Will be some thing simple  . 

That fact that it hangs up tells me it may be a program conflict .

Never know when it will do it though !! 

Tony

Anmer

Sounds like the data isn't being delivered from the SBS-3 and then Basestation hangs?

Are you able to try connecting using an Ethernet cable?
Here to Help.

airladysmith

Hi ,

That is my next project !!   But will hold off on that for awhile  . 

Be nice to see some Youtube  clips on how to do it  . 

How can I post a picture to this site ??  I see Insert a Image  box  -  How can I get the image from my pictures etc. to this post ??  or other posts .

Thanks

Tony

Anmer

Networking the SBS-3 is very easy.

I see you've uploaded a screeshot so I guess you're OK doing that now?
Here to Help.

airladysmith

Hi Anmer ,

Yes I figured it out - Thanks

Tony