Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 09:29:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

New Beta App for Android as moving map

Started by xmaze, March 12, 2015, 06:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmaze

Hi, i am glad to be member of this community, this is my first post.

I have released a Beta version of an App. This App uses a DVB-T stick and demodulate the signal of the aircraft and with the coordinates of the signal makes a projection on a offline map. So if someone is onboard can see the position of the aircraft. Now it is only available with the European area.
It is on Beta version and i have not tested onboard, so if someone want to be a tester and the next days is on trip, i please him to test the App. 
You can download the app from google play store at this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.qtproject.example.Android_Application_ADSB_final

Thank you in advance

Anmer

Thanks for sharing this with us.  Looks interesting.

Are you proposing that the DVB-T receiver and antenna is used on board an aircraft? And how is it connected to an Android device?
Here to Help.

xmaze

Quote from: Anmer on March 12, 2015, 06:29:26 PM
Thanks for sharing this with us.  Looks interesting.

Are you proposing that the DVB-T receiver and antenna is used on board an aircraft? And how is it connected to an Android device?

With usb OTG cable, i think you can use because its a passive receiver, if someone knows more can write a suggestion!

Anmer

Thanks.

Do you think airlines will allow the use of the DVB-T receiver during flight?  Have you had any experience?
Here to Help.

xmaze

Quote from: Anmer on March 12, 2015, 06:45:53 PM
Thanks.

Do you think airlines will allow the use of the DVB-T receiver during flight?  Have you had any experience?

i used the dump1090 at my Laptop onboard with germanwings and i didn't have problem.

Anmer

Quote from: xmaze on March 12, 2015, 06:49:12 PM
i used the dump1090 at my Laptop onboard with germanwings and i didn't have problem.

And I mistakenly left my mobile phone switched on during a flight.  I didn't have a problem because the flight crew didn't know about it.  But if they did, I'd have been told to turn it off.

Did you ask the flight crew if you could use the DVB-T receiver?

The use of electronic equipment on board aircraft during flight is not clearly defined by some airlines who often have different policies to each other.  Maybe we should bear this in mind before using such equipment, including DVB-T receivers.

If anyone knows of a definitive statement about using DVB-T receivers during flight, please share it.
Here to Help.

xmaze

i think that, during the takeoff and landing it is not allowed, it is like a Bluetooth headphones. no one says don't use Bluetooth headphones during the flight! 

G4UMW

When I flew with Thomson Airways at the back end of last year, their policy was that small electronic devices (tablets, e-books, music players and phones with flight mode activated) could be used throughout the flight, including take-off and landing. Other carriers may have different rules. As the old saying goes: "Never assume - CHECK!"
Rob/G4UMW

viking9

I can't remember where I saw it but this has already been done by a guy using a laptop on an Easyjet flight.

His display showed the flight instrument cluster too.
Tom

birdie

Quote from: Anmer on March 12, 2015, 07:14:18 PM
Quote from: xmaze on March 12, 2015, 06:49:12 PM

And I mistakenly left my mobile phone switched on during a flight.  I didn't have a problem because the flight crew didn't know about it.  But if they did, I'd have been told to turn it off.

Did you ask the flight crew if you could use the DVB-T receiver?

The use of electronic equipment on board aircraft during flight is not clearly defined by some airlines who often have different policies to each other.  Maybe we should bear this in mind before using such equipment, including DVB-T receivers.

If anyone knows of a definitive statement about using DVB-T receivers during flight, please share it.

If you are not sure, please observe these 2 Rules:

Rule No 1:

If you are not sure, please don't ask.

Rule No 2:

If someone of "authority" is not sure, please refer to Rule No 1.

Rule No 3:

If you are not sure and you asked someone with "authority" who is also not sure - the answer will be a big " NO ".

LOL
To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

xmaze

Hi guys, i have posted also a new Version that works fine also from the ground but is a little bit unstable!!
Try it !!