Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 02:27:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

VRS for Ladysmith,Vancouver Island

Started by airladysmith, November 17, 2012, 06:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airladysmith

IanH

Well done. Interesting to see how few aircraft plot positions, even AC A319. In Europe we would expect to see all Airbus types to have full ADSB.

Not been to your part of the world in a long time. Are the tankers still floating on Sproat Lake, or are they retired?

Ian

airladysmith

Hi ,

ADS-B is slowing catching on over here .  ADS is now the way  the USA and Canada have decided to go  .  If you noticed  , on the right side of the screen there are a lot of ADS-S  - they are showing Altitude from the YVR control centre .  There is a time line for the Airlines to upgrade  .  So you will see more aircraft tracking as the months pass  . Doubt if the older stuff will be upgraded .

Five years ago when I set up my SBS-1 I only saw one or two planes tracking  !! 

Air Canada as not upgraded any A320 or E170 & E190  .  Their have ADS-B on all their A330 / B767 /B777  .

Westjet have ADS-B on all their Boeing fleet  . They upgrade all their aircraft over the last two years  . Air TransAt have all their fleet on ADS  . Sunwings have it to .
Not sure on the new DHC8-400Q which Air Canada Express have . Also WestJet have 45 DHC8-400Q on order - will see if they will have ADS-B .
Alaska Airlines have four or five of their fleet tracking . Hope their upgrade all their fleet soon .

There are still two Martin Mars out on the Lake . But only the Red Tail one is active  . It also as ADS-S installed  !!  They had to upgrade it two years ago so it could be contracted out to the USA .

Hope that helps

Tony

airladysmith

Hi   

This was my screen as off 10:40am

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Anmer

Thanks Tony

Reminds me of a wonderful time in Tofino.  I must go back sometime.

Horseshoe Bay to Naimo.  Brilliant ferry.  Beats Dover-Calais.  8)
Here to Help.

airladysmith

Hi A ,

Yes Tofino is a nice place - BUT it's a hell of a drive once you leave Port Alberni !! 

There was a bad accident last year right at the top of the last mountain climb [Lake Kennedy]  A ambulance went over the side and into the Lake   . Killed both of the crew . 

Long Beach is great - Miles of sand too walk on .

Tony