Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:07:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Military Callsigns

Started by kallig, November 19, 2012, 05:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viking9

Quote from: kallig on November 20, 2012, 07:13:57 PM
So why don't you tell me about your interests, Id love to know about them, They must be spectacular!!
Well I'm 74 now but my interests and occupations have been quite spectacular -  flying military helicopters and fixed wing aircraft, piloting hovercraft and gliding instructor amongst them. Some of the others I cannot mention.  ;)
Tom

Anmer

Quote from: viking9 on November 21, 2012, 03:05:17 AM
Well I'm 74

And looks like he's only 54.  >:(

Must have been one of those other interests.  Can I have some please Tom?
Here to Help.

viking9

Too late to start now I think, Mike.  ;D

BTW, I did not say that kallig's list was not interesting, it's just that I don't think FR24 is the place to look if you are really interested. Planeplotter is the only facility which guarantees you will be able to track military aircraft in great numbers every day.
Tom

Anmer

Quote from: viking9 on November 21, 2012, 10:05:38 AM
Too late to start now I think, Mike.  ;D

BTW, I did not say that kallig's list was not interesting

Never too late.  ???

I agree FR24 isn't the best place for military spotting but for some it's a starting point before they invest in PlanePlotter.
Here to Help.

kallig

I am more than ready to invest in planespotter, And I will purchase it as soon as can make sure I will be able to connect it to the mode-S Beast via TCP. Still no luck with that :/

I am really interested in millitary traffic in my area.
And FR24 has been a good jumping platform into this hobby.

Graham Bell

I would advocate taking advantage of the generous 21 day free trial concession that PlanePlotter offers.
Regards-
G.B.

kallig

Quote from: Graham Bell on November 21, 2012, 03:06:29 PM
I would advocate taking advantage of the generous 21 day free trial concession that PlanePlotter offers.
Regards-
G.B.

I bought it do day :) So wont to miss the november discount.

So for the next weeks I will have alot of learning to do!

Triple7

Quote from: kallig on November 22, 2012, 02:51:01 AM
So for the next weeks I will have a lot of learning to do!

Any problems or questions, just ask in the PP section.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Belga11

Hey hey hey  be serious guys  call-sign AFB  is no longer used for Belgian Air Force but well BAF  "Belgian Air Force"

s92driver

Quote from: viking9 on November 21, 2012, 10:05:38 AM
Planeplotter is the only facility which guarantees you will be able to track military aircraft in great numbers every day.

Apologies, but I have to disagree with that statement.  I feed and therefore have access to a number of different sites (incl FR24 and Planeplotter).  THE most complete military coverage comes from 360radar IMHO.  This capability is about to be greatly exanded as work is afoot to capture aircraft that only transmit ModeA, rather than just ModeC which is generally required from MLAT.

Their main focus is miltary traffic.

https://360radar.co.uk/

I have no affiliation.  Just very impressed at what they deliver.

Steve

Anmer

Bear in mind viking9's message was posted nearly 9 years ago  8)
Here to Help.