Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 09:28:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

No Sound

Started by Arno01, January 04, 2013, 08:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arno01

Just got my sbs3 today, all up and running, fresh install from the SBS1E, just used sqb and ini files. Radio panel is set up and freq entered, Mixer panel states streaming and control panel has both freq as active (dancing green bars) how ever I can not here anything, sound is working ok, you tube etc. Any ideas?? Many thanks for any pointers

Anmer

What are you using for sound?  Speakers via SBS3 or sound card on PC or audio streaming via VLC or QuickTime?
Here to Help.

Arno01

Hi Mike, using the sound card on the laptop

Arno01

Just been reading, could be the power supply, with both sdr running it needs 900ma and my usb can only give 500ma. Will check more in the morning.

Anmer

Thanks for mentioning Radarspotting.com  ;)
Here to Help.

Arno01

Update, red usb is now plugged into iphone charger, still not getting any sound?

Anmer

What frequencies are you tuned to?
Here to Help.

Arno01

Tuner A is AM, 130.000 amd SDR 1 IS 132.55 and SDR 2 is 129.55 both SDR are working tuner A. Squelch is set right down

shakysen

Maybe a daft question .lead STEREO or MONO?.Reason I ask one of my Radio's would'nt work sound wise switched to stereo alls fine now

Arno01

Quote from: shakysen on January 05, 2013, 09:34:34 AM
Maybe a daft question .lead STEREO or MONO?.Reason I ask one of my Radio's would'nt work sound wise switched to stereo alls fine now

Is that a software setting in basestation?

Anmer

Have you got any powered, stand-alone speakers that you can use to test the sound from the SBS-3?
Here to Help.

Arno01

No speakers, but just plugged headset into the back and it is working

Anmer

OK, so the SBS-3 sound output is working but not when you use the MIC in port on the laptop?

Have you tried audio streaming?
Here to Help.

Arno01

Haven't tried audio streaming. Strange thing was that the headphones were working, but just went deaf, slight hissing and freq bar was moving (ezy on the app) but no sound through the headset.

Anmer

What antenna are you using for the radios?
Here to Help.