Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 10:04:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Radarspotters.eu

Started by Anmer, February 15, 2012, 04:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

A few weeks back I found that my IP address had been blocked and I couldn't access Radarspotters.

This was just after I received the following email from Danny Dinneen:

Mike,
I have no wish to be drawn into some sort of conflict that appears to be starting. I am not focused on your new website and wish you the best of luck with your venture. You certainly have the experience required.

You left radarspotters.eu a long time ago, I respect your choice. I do however have a problem with you using the radarspotters.eu member list to attract members to your forum. You mass emailed all the radarspotters.eu members recently which is underhand. I respected your property when you left however you didn't do likewise. I would like an explanation please.

To reiterate, I have no ill feeling towards you and look forward to hearing from you. I would also be more than happy to discuss this matter either in person or on the phone. I will be in Liverpool on business in mid February if you wish to meet in person.               
Regards,
Danny.

I replied:

Danny

It appears to me you're the source of any conflict by arbitrarily blocking my access to Radarspotters, of which I'm still a member.  Contrary to what you say I didn't leave Radarspotters, I merely stood down as a Mod.  I went quietly and never said a word against you or your forum.  On the contrary you did nothing when I asked you to moderate some rather unpleasant posts made against me the other week.

In my country one is innocent until proven guilty whereas you're hanging me without a charge let alone a fair hearing.

As it happens I didn't use your mailing list so get your facts straight before you start making accusations.

I have absolutely no interest in meeting you in Liverpool. I shall be in Hanoi on business in a few weeks, can we meet there?

Mike

He never replied and I sent him one more email:

Danny

Why have you blocked my access to Radarspotters?

I didn't get a reply.

Today I sent the following email to some Radarspotters' members:

I keep getting asked why I don't respond to posts and Personal Messages on Radarspotters.

It's quite simple. The new owner, Danny Dinneen, has recently blocked my access and refuses to explain why. I haven't broken any rules nor was I warned about my posts. In fact I haven't posted since November last year.

Danny is telling everyone that Radarspotters is committed to free speech and anyone can join. Why then has he singled me out and hasn't had the courtesy to offer me an explanation or reply to my emails?

I can only assume he objects to me starting my own website and forum - Radarspotting.com. Not that there's a Radarspotters' rule that prohibits this.

I'd been a Radarspotters' moderator for nearly three years but when Hamish decided to sell, I told him I might not continue under a new owner, especially one new to our hobby.

Danny didn't contact me before he took over and when he eventually got in touch I told him I might step down. I felt he should be free to stamp his own identity on the forum and not be lumbered with the "old guard". I was totally open, honest and told Danny what I was planning.

So I stood down as a Mod but retained my membership. I told the members what I was doing and left quietly - no negative posts or anything to undermine Danny. And I haven't posted since.

Three months on I felt there was scope to open a new forum, focused solely on aviation but with a different look and feel. I was being asked for copies of my Guides and needed somewhere to host them. Hence the new website and forum.

In all the time I was involved with Radarspotters I gave my time and advice freely to try and help others.  I wasn't involved in Danny's deal with Hamish nor did I receive any of the proceeds or donations.

But now my IP address has been blocked and I can't access Radarspotters or reply to personal messages.

Sadly Radarspotters has succumbed to the very censorship that Hamish fought against.

If you care about free speech maybe ask Danny why he's banned me from the forum I helped create and supported for nearly three years?

In the meantime, if you need to contact me please use Radarspotting.com.

Mike
aka Anmer

Someone posted the message below on Radarspotters which has since been deleted by Danny Dinneen citing "legal perspectives".  AirNav used to post similar messages.

Danny Dinneen is the same person who's posting that "Freedom of Speech is back again.  Everyone is welcome".

Everyone who doesn't run another radarspotting forum.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Here to Help.

Sun Worshipper

God help Jo Jo if he ever posts anything slightly negative towards Air Nav on their forum, he'll end up getting the bums rush there as well!

Anmer

I'll give you one guess who Jo Jo was.  ;)
Here to Help.

viking9

Is he in the taxi business?
Tom

Anmer

Here to Help.

Sun Worshipper

Anmer

Here to Help.

Sun Worshipper

Hang on a minute, wasn't that one of Tarbats many handles?

Anmer

Here to Help.

Hamish McTorsk

I am also banned from Radarspotters along with my IP.  :-\

Sun Worshipper

How very, very sad and petty this whole situation is. 

Radarspotters is becoming another Yes Sir branch of the Air Nav Forums.  I rarely frequent over there now, just occasionally to see what tool Tarbat and his chum las are dribbling on about.  At least samsungs2 (yes, we know who you are) got banned , he really was a knob of the first order.

Keep smilin' Hamish.

mhm

Quote from: Hamish McTorsk on February 16, 2012, 10:01:16 AM
I am also banned from Radarspotters along with my IP.  :-\

The old forum reminds me of the Airnav forum, Banned, speak out of turn Banned. To many airnav banners for me.

The new owner should be called DAN THE BAN
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Smudger98

Tomorrow is not Guaranteed  - So make the most of to-day !!!
SBS-1 User and a Tecno Numpty !!

Sun Worshipper

viking9

It strikes me that it might be time for a National/European body for the regulation of forum owners in order that members who are banned unfairly may have an avenue for redress.

Tom