Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:52:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Buying a RadarBox? Read this First

Started by Anmer, April 21, 2013, 08:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sterigia

well to inform other unfortunate persons who fall into the trap of recurring costs for airnav net, i feel it useful to inform of the steps i took.
getting no response neither from airnav nor from plimus /bluesnap i was advised to make a formal complaint but because the company is foriegn and i cannot make any formal complaints the usual way we do things here (letter from attorney etc).  the company who issued me the card just blocked , the old one as if stolen or lost and issued me  a fresh one with a new number and pin without any recurring costs on it. at least i hope so
ciao
frank
no more free meals for radarbox or radarbox24. rb turned on without antenna permanently

birdie

Quote from: sterigia on May 23, 2013, 03:03:19 PM

the company who issued me the card just blocked , the old one as if stolen or lost and issued me  a fresh one with a new number and pin without any recurring costs on it. at least i hope so
ciao
frank

That's what I told you - get a new card.

I was very lucky - I ignored their reminder to renew the Network Charges.
To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

Anmer

This is the sad truth for us RadarBox customers.  The only good news is this post echo's what I and many others have been saying for many years.

I repeat again my advice to ALL RadarBox customers.  Exercise your consumer rights and turn off the default data sharing whenever you start the RadarBox software.

"Guys, open your eyes. There won't be any bugfix release of the RadarBox software.

AirNav doesn't give a s**t about us. They don't earn their money with RadarBoxes anymore. They make their money with RadarBox24.

I gave up waiting quite a while ago and I'm very happy now with the combination of my SBS-3, PlanePlotter, ShipPlotter, FlightDisplay, etc. The SBS-3 also allows me to access raw data and write my own software to process it.

If AirNav were honest with their customers they'd write "Sorry guys, but we stopped supporting the RadarBox". Instead they keep on promising a new release for ages...

I regret that I didn't buy an SBS in the first place and spend money on a 3D plugin that was never of use for me because it doesn't show correct data. AirNav was not able to develop the very easy fix (a simple multiplication) in 4 years or so. That's the worst customer service ever!

I will never buy any AirNav product again! And all of you should stop feeding their network. That's the only thing you can do to put at least a little bit of pressure on them."

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7206.msg94516#msg94516
Here to Help.

Hamish McTorsk

If the majority of ANRB users/potential customers had of listened to us four and a half years ago then that would have forced Airnav upon a more productive road, as it was, Brandao thought that he could bully users into believing his H.C. Andersen inspired stories.

But we have been WELL vindicated..........Thank you Mr Brandao, you are your own worst enemy.

mhm

It beggars belief that there are still people out there still using an Airnav box. After all that has been said on the forums about this equipment, Glad I stuck with Kinetic from day 1
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Sun Worshipper

QuoteIf AirNav were honest with their customers they'd write "Sorry guys, but we stopped supporting the RadarBox". Instead they keep on promising a new release for ages...

This is the gauling thing, that we have been lied to (not misled, deliberately lied to) by Andre Brandao, Owner and Chief Thief at Air Nav.  We've all seen the posts where he has PROMISED updates but done nothing to honour that promise.  His word is worth nothing, he is a lying conman and shouldn't hold any kind of position in any kind of company.

He had better hope he never meets me!

By gosh, I feel better for that.

Have a nice weekend all.

birdie

Quote from: Sun Worshipper on July 12, 2013, 03:59:24 PM

that we have been lied to (not misled, deliberately lied to) by Andre Brandao, Owner and Chief Thief at Air Nav.

Wow !

He gained himself a New Title:

Andre Brandao the CHIEF THIEF !

Sun Worshipper

GBfromDevizes

New to this guys having bought an Airnav RB a few days ago, the reason? - well, I wanted a box of some sorts, I saw the RB advertised by a well-known stockist for a hundred quid off and nowing little about it, opted to buy. Their literature states it will work with Windows 8 and there is a download on their website for the required drivers. Actually, the download doesn't work or should I say, the drivers don't work. I spent three days trying to get this piece of crap to work but it won't unless I change back to some Windows 7 drivers which I am not confident to do as my PC knowledge isn't much.

So, I have a piece of kit that WON'T work with W8 without a load of messing around. Serves me right I suppose for not investigating thoroughly prior to buying. AirNav blatantly lie that it will work with their download, as when you have downloaded the drivers supposedly to use with W8, there's an error message attached and the drivers simply will not work.

My first foray into SBS and it's left a bad taste in my mouth and a decent sized hole in my wallet. If I can get rid of it, I will change to a Puck.

birdie

GBfromDevizes,

Welcome to the Club.

Have you got yourself BANNED in AirNav's forum ?

When you got your device working, you will find more worms hidden under the carpet.

Use your RB as a door stopper, paper weight or leave it in your cat's litter box for them to pooh & pi$$ed on.

Anmer

Quote from: GBfromDevizes on March 11, 2014, 05:00:12 AM
New to this guys having bought an Airnav RB a few days ago, the reason? - well, I wanted a box of some sorts, I saw the RB advertised by a well-known stockist for a hundred quid off and nowing little about it, opted to buy.

If you're in the UK and you bought a new AirNav RadarBox from a UK supplier over the telephone or online you could be entitled to a full refund.   Check out the Distance Selling Regulations.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

Failing that, you have considerable rights under the Sale of Goods Act.  The product may not be fit for purpose.

Contact the supplier and ask for a full refund, offering to pay to send the product back.  Tell the supplier why you want to reject the product and that you are prepared to take the matter further if they refuse.
Here to Help.

Johno

Well personally I think it is a cracking peice of kit, had it for many years, use it on XP and Windows 8, never had a problem. Seems to be a lot of Airnav bashers on this forum, time to leave I think.

I am too old to listen to childish comments ( and some are ridiculously silly ) whatever the reason.

Smudger98

Quote from: GBfromDevizes on March 11, 2014, 05:00:12 AM
New to this guys having bought an Airnav RB a few days ago, the reason? - well, I wanted a box of some sorts, I saw the RB advertised by a well-known stockist for a hundred quid off and nowing little about it, opted to buy. Their literature states it will work with Windows 8 and there is a download on their website for the required drivers. Actually, the download doesn't work or should I say, the drivers don't work. I spent three days trying to get this piece of crap to work but it won't unless I change back to some Windows 7 drivers which I am not confident to do as my PC knowledge isn't much.

So, I have a piece of kit that WON'T work with W8 without a load of messing around. Serves me right I suppose for not investigating thoroughly prior to buying. AirNav blatantly lie that it will work with their download, as when you have downloaded the drivers supposedly to use with W8, there's an error message attached and the drivers simply will not work.

My first foray into SBS and it's left a bad taste in my mouth and a decent sized hole in my wallet. If I can get rid of it, I will change to a Puck.

Hi GB,

Did you get the box from ML&S in Chertsey? and did a remote session fix the issue ?

Cheers,
Smudger.
Tomorrow is not Guaranteed  - So make the most of to-day !!!
SBS-1 User and a Tecno Numpty !!

Anmer

Quote from: Johno on March 11, 2014, 09:09:26 AM
Well personally I think it is a cracking peice of kit, had it for many years, use it on XP and Windows 8, never had a problem. Seems to be a lot of Airnav bashers on this forum, time to leave I think.

I am too old to listen to childish comments ( and some are ridiculously silly ) whatever the reason.

I think the RadarBox software has some good features.  But there's plenty of evidence on this and many other forums that the receiver has some quality issues.

And on the AirNav forum, where I am banned from posting despite being a RadarBox customer, there are many posts about Windows 8 install problems.

If exposing AirNav's lies and undelivered promises is classed as "bashing", I plead guilty.

Here to Help.

Sun Worshipper

Quote from: Johno on March 11, 2014, 09:09:26 AM

Anmer is right, exposing the owner of Air Nav Systems as a liar is something that's been a long time coming.  I too plead guilty for playing a small part in exposing this crook but I feel no sorrow for doing it.

I am delighted to hear you are happy with your Radarpox.

Mod Edit to remove some unnecessary text.