Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 11:16:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

New Pc crashes

Started by corsa, May 02, 2013, 05:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsa

Hi
have a new Pc built by my grandson, this last couple of days I'm suffering the BSOD

I have only run two programmes basestation and Sbsplotter today and after about

1 and half hours windows crashed, so I loaded basestation and let it run and no [roblems
but with both running it crashed again, alas my grandson is abroad and wont be back until the weekend.
Any Ideas please

Running windows 7 64 bit

neil-c

Does it crash if anything other than basestation and Sbsplotter are running?

corsa

Hi Neil
To be honest I've not tried other programmes yet, I just about to try Flightradar24
to see if this will cause it to crash

Will let you know and thanks for answering Neil

Kind regards
Tom

Anmer

Is it Basestation and SBS PLotter or SBS1 Populate?
Here to Help.

corsa

hello Mike
I'm in trouble again!!
I think I have found the problem! I have just had basestation running on it's own for over an hour now and no prblems I'v just opened Sbsplotter and after a short  while windows crashed

I think that it's my fault because when I go to the shortcut a box came saying click run
which i don't have on the other pc

Tom

Anmer

Tom, was the other PC64 bit?
Here to Help.

kered

I have problems with sbsplotter too, it crashes quite often on my systems, windows xp and windows 7 x64, on windows 7 x32 haven't had a crash so far but it only ran 12 hours.
I don't get the BSOD though, the program just gives an access violation message and must be closed as an option.
You could try "run as administrator", it seems to run longer before crashing for me that way.

corsa

Hi Mike and Kered

Mike, the other pc was 32bit and never had this at all

Kered,  this the first time i've had a windows  64 bit machine

I know that basestation has been installed correctly as Anmer (Mike) did it for me

I ran basestation only last night and it only ran for about an hour and crashed
leaving a small box with some details in ,saying something about Appdata problem

Regards

Tom

Thanks to you both

Anmer

Tom

Are you running SBSPlotter (to create a plot outline) or Gatwick Aviation Society's SBS1 Populate for registration lookup?
Here to Help.

corsa

Mike
I am running Sbsplotter for the distances, I have very little on the new pc at the moment Mike
I have been running Flightradar 24 all morning with no problems following my grandsons return from Singapore aboard a A380

Tom

Anmer

Thanks Tom.

SBSPlotter just reads the data on port 30003 so I woulldn't think it's causing the BSoD.
Here to Help.

corsa

Mike
I thought it was at the off, but have since run basestation on it's own and the machine crashed after about an hour
I really don't know what to think

Tom

Anmer

Maybe update the USB drivers.

In the Bssestation fo9lder is there a file called CDM20802_Setup.exe?

If there is, with Basestation close, double click the file.
Here to Help.

corsa