Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 05:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

50 Free RadarBox Units to Expand Network Coverage

Started by Anmer, March 11, 2012, 07:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

AirNav has given away free RadarBoxes to increase coverage for RadarBox24. In the meantime it still charges existing customers for the nework which it is "giving away" to those with free RadarBoxes.

Surely it should be "giving away" the network to those who paid for the RadarBox and whose data they need as well?

Maybe this is the best solution?

If AirNav gets our data we should get the network for free?
Here to Help.

Anmer

I see AirNav is offering another 50 free RadarBoxes, this time for the United States.  Since AirNav claims RadarBox24.com is already powered by 10,000 RadarBoxes I can't understand why it needs to add another 0.5%?

"AirNav Systems is happy to announce the decision to provide 50 free RadarBox units to expand its ADS-B network coverage in the United States and North America.

This is an unique opportunity for US users to get, for free, the receiver which is market leader in ADS-B flight monitoring.

Conditions:
- User has to be located in the United States;
- Depending on location some exceptions will be accepted (not covered areas in Canada - Bermuda);
- Have good reception conditions (unobstructed view of the sky);
- Be able to keep the RadarBox software running H24 (thus feeding AirNav RadarBox network with local data);
- Signing of an Official Agreement with AirNav Systems with the compromise to keep the unit On and connected to the internet H24;
- Acquire an ADS-B external antenna if not yet available (we will provide directives on how to do so);"

Having seen the "Offical Agreement" I wouldn't go near it with a barge pole let alone a pen.

Also note that the recipient has to provide his/her own external antenna which doesn't come cheap.  And they will also have to keep a PC running 24x7 too, unlike the FR24 equipment which doesn't need a PC.

I still think the FR24 offer is a better deal.

http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7519.msg89734#msg89734

Here to Help.

mhm

Brandoa can give me a free box, i would run it 24/7. But conditions would apply.

1. I would want free network access.
2. Free network access.
3. Free databse updates.
4. Allowed access onto the forum without being banned by the idiots that run it.

Feel free to email me with an offer. ;D
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Sun Worshipper

There's no such thing as a free meal and Brandao is the ultimate exponent of this saying.

Wonder if Dom Littlewood would like to interview him? ::)

mhm

QuoteWonder if Dom Littlewood would like to interview him

I like that.  ;D
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

birdie

Quote from: Anmer on February 22, 2013, 05:20:14 PM

I still think the FR24 offer is a better deal.

http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

I got my Flightradar24 Receiver from FR24.com fast and quick - no contract to be signed. No this, no that.

Complete Package - including the EXTERNAL 1090 MHZ Antenna, GPS Antenna with cable and connector, Antenna cable complete with connectors, Power supply and LAN RJ-45 cable.

Within 2 hrs of its arrival, I was running 24/7 (without the need of a PC running) feeding Flightradar24.com.

Checkout F-WSSS1 coverage.

Now, I turn the power OFF my AirNav Radarbox - depriving AirNav Systems from stealing my Flight Data.

I am now using my Radarbox as a paper-weight but it is too light to do its job properly.

Attached picture shows all.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

Anmer

More AirNav lies:

"We are going to lock this post as its clearly indicated at causing trouble. sardus2 you know exactly how to contact us (as you have done in the past under your many different usernames) but just creating a post to cause trouble.

Also the RB boxes given for coverage amount to less than 1% of the boxes sold, also they were only started to be given out 5 years after the product was launched. "

Now when I was at school, if 50 was 1%, 100% = 5,000.

But AirNav has sent out nearer 100 free boxes, so that suggests 10,000 sold.

Hmm?  My best guess is 3,000 sold, not 10,000.
Here to Help.