Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:23:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2

Started by Anmer, April 13, 2022, 12:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfella

Quote from: Anmer on April 16, 2022, 08:38:40 AM
Thanks for sharing your setup.

Can you enable file extensions and post another screenshot of your ModeSDeco2 folder?

And one of your bat file?

Anmar, attached are the two screenshots that you asked for. I changed the silhouettes to the OperatorFlags folder but still not showing up in the flights listing..

Noel

[attachment deleted reduce file load]
Oldfella

Anmer

Thanks.  Unfortunately the file extensions are still not displaying.  It should be an option in Windows Explorer.

Is the directory path correst for your silhouettes folder and do you have bmp files there that match with the OperatorFlagCode field in Basestation?
Here to Help.

Oldfella

Apologies Anmar, forgot about displaying the file extension setup in Windows. Hope the attached is suitable.

Went through both the OperatorFlags and Silhouettes folders and made sure they only contained BMP files. Still no luck.  :(

Noel

Oldfella

Anmer

Quote from: Oldfella on April 17, 2022, 11:26:46 AM
Went through both the OperatorFlags and Silhouettes folders and made sure they only contained BMP files. Still no luck.  :(

Sorry Noel, I meant to reply but forgot!

Your first BAT file shows the Basestation.sqb file located in:

C:\data\BaseStation

Is that your "active" sqb location, the one that's being updated with matching OperatorFlagCodes that match the bmp files in:

C:\data\BaseStation\OperatorFlags
Here to Help.

Oldfella

Sorry Anmer, finger trouble my end, accidentally posted the sample AirSpy dongle batch file that was in the folder. The correct batch file I use is this attachment. The silhouettes point to the OperatorsFlags folder in the BaseStation folder in C; drive. Tried various combinations but still no luck getting to show the silhouettes in the "Flights" column in ModesDeco2.

Oldfella

Triple7

Jumping in here - hope that's OK.

Your .bat file looks wrong to me, it should be:

-- silhouettes c:\BaseStation\OperatorFlags

i.e. no '--' in front of the path to the OperatorFlags folder

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Oldfella

Give that man a beer  ;D

Thank you Triple7, well spotted. I have looked at that batch file dozens of times, tried all sorts of combinations and just didn't see the error. Now working as expected.

Thanks again. Appreciate your help.

Noel
Oldfella

Anmer

Quote from: Triple7 on April 20, 2022, 10:43:38 AM
Jumping in here - hope that's OK.

Thanks Tim, well spotted.

But what took you so long  8)
Here to Help.

Anmer

Quote from: Oldfella on April 20, 2022, 11:14:18 AM
Give that man a beer  ;D

Hi Noel

Can I ask what version of Windows you're using?  64 or 32 bit?
Here to Help.

Oldfella

Good morning Anmer (it is here), down at Berrima, NSW for a few days. Sharer code gr on PlanePlotter,

Running a HP Probook laptop with Win 11 Pro, 64 bit.

Need to update my silhouettes file, missing a few.  :-[

Thank you and Tim for your interest and support.

Noel
Oldfella

QF1

A quick update on my original post as I now have ModeSDeco working successfully and feeding Basestation and PlanePlotter.   Thanks to Anmer for your help with the Basestation setup - much apprecaited!

The problem seems to have been the incorrect .dll files (probably ftd2xx.dll and msvcr100.dll) that I had installed.  As I have a new 64 bit Dell notebook I thought I needed to download the 64 bit versions of these files, but when I deleted tehse and used the 32 bit files the program worked perfectly.  This was alluded to by Sergsero previously and that helped me to fix the problem.

Thank you also to others who suggested possible fixes.

Cheers
Mark

abcd567

@echo off
cmd /c modesdeco2.exe --gain 49.6 --freq-correction 0 --location -33.xxxx:150.xxxx --web 8888 --db C:\BaseStation\BaseStation.sqb --silhouettes C:\BaseStation\OperatorFlags --frdb C:\modesdeco2\flightroute.sqb --pictures C:\BaseStation\Pictures --sbs10001 10001 --beast 30005
PAUSE
exit

Above format of batch file results in a very long line of arguments, most of which are not directly visible when file is opened in Notepad for editing/browsing. Scrolling to right is required to see all the arguments. Even if "Wrap Text" is used, the lines wrap at random points, and not at the end of arguments.

A better format is given below, which has one argument per line, each line terminated by character ^ (Carat, Circumflex accent, Shift + 6 on US & UK Keyboards)

In this format all arguments are directly visible without need to scroll right, as below:

IMPORTANT:
(1) Leave space between argument and Carat symbol ^
(2) Do NOT leave any space after Carat symbol ^
(3) The last line of argument should be WITHOUT Carat symbol ^
(4) No blank lines between arguments.

@echo off
cmd /c modesdeco2.exe ^
--gain 49.6 ^
--freq-correction 0 ^
--location -33.xxxx:150.xxxx ^
--web 8888 ^
--db C:\BaseStation\BaseStation.sqb ^
--silhouettes C:\BaseStation\OperatorFlags ^
--frdb C:\modesdeco2\flightroute.sqb ^
--pictures C:\BaseStation\Pictures ^
--sbs10001 10001 ^
--beast 30005

PAUSE
exit

Anmer

Is anyone currently running ModeSDeco on Windows with an SDR receiver feeding Basestation?

Is so, can they share their setup?
Here to Help.

s92driver

I used to occasionally run ModeSDeco feeding Basestation on my laptop, so thought I would try it out once I saw your request.  Well it wouldn't run on my W11 machine.  The good news is that a after a bit of searching for advice I got it running again.

By following the advice on this video everything worked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWyswHcE5dU&t=130s

Cheers,
Steve

Anmer

Thanks Steve, much appreciated.
Here to Help.