Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:11:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding

Started by sergsero, August 09, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanH

Google how to install Win10 upgrades for 16Gb tablets. Seems that you can download the update to an SD card or USB stick and run the update from there. That way the tablet does not need the space for the download.

Carlos

Cheers tried that but it still needed over 5gb on the actual tablet hardrive.

Thanks anyway Ian

Conexia

I use modeSdeco+modeSmixer, and feed ADS-B and MLAT data to FR24 and FlightAware
Today I've found that some of the aircraft that I get as MLAT (green M) do not show in the map, and have empty position data in the flights list.

Is it a misconfiguration in my side or is it a normal case?

I am attaching the flights list with a sample.

Thanks in advance
Antonio

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

sergsero

Hello Antonio,

Information about a spatial attitude of the aircraft with Mode S transponder is calculated and sent to you via the reverse data channel from Flightaware.

The modesmixer2 has the internal  time-out after which removes outdated data and aircraft's label from display. This time is several tens of seconds between the time of the last MLAT message, received for an aircraft, and the time, when the server will stop showing it on the Google map and his outdated data in tables.

At the same time, your station can directly receive the actual Mode S messages from this aircraft and program will display it as an aircraft without coordinates.

In this case I can suppose that the MLAT data arrival interval is longer than the specified time-out used in modesmixer2.

Regards,
sergsero

Conexia

Hi, sergsero
Thank you very much for your quick and informative response.

Quote from: sergsero on May 10, 2018, 05:37:46 AM
At the same time, your station can directly receive the actual Mode S messages from this aircraft and program will display it as an aircraft without coordinates.

I understand it, but should it still be showing the MLAT (green M) when it is receiving only Mode S messages or should it show the brown S instead?

Thanks again and best regards
Antonio

sergsero

Of course, this is a dilemma - how to properly display the aircraft, which can change status while in flight.

In current versions of the program MLAT-status has priority.
If for the given ICAO address was received at least one message (not necessarily with coordinate information) via reverse data channel from Flightaware, the aircraft is considered to be serviced by MLAT.

Regards,
sergsero

K0HYD

I use both RTL-SDR and AirSpy R2 dongles. I have been able to download the versions for Raspberry Pi, Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows however I would need to run these in a virtual machine which uses only have of my processor cores. The link for the MacOS does not work. I noticed it was dated 2015 while the rest of the versions are dated 2018.

Is there a link for a MacOS version that I can compile and run. If not is there a set of instructions that details what I would need to do to compile one of the other versions on MacOS High Sierra. Which one would be the best to start with?

Hoping for a link to a MacOS version I can compile and run native.

Thanks,

Dale - K0HYD

jmaurin

Link for Centos 7 x64 is invalid......can you upload again, please?

Thank you!

OvaleZ

Hi All!

I just started using ModeSDeco2 (Сергей, спасибо за Вашу разработку!) and I have a question:

Is there any way to save the aircrafts that I have received with the zone diagramm (I mean the caverage area)? In database, or CSV etc..

Because once my OrangePi is reboot (lost of power...) the coverage zone on the map starts drawing from the beginning and previous data are lost.

Thanks!
(Sorry for bad Engilsh :) )

G-PHIL

Hi,

I've only recently come across Modesdeco2 and think it's great.

I have an RTL Dongle and i want to use it with the Basestation software, what it the best way to connect the Dongle to the software or should i say what's the best line of text to put in the command program?

Any help is greatly appreciated and will be saved for future reference.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro on a laptop.

MTIA

Phil 

IanH

What software are you intending to use to get the data from the RTL dongle?

On Windows, options include dump1090, modeSdeco2 or RTL1090.

Need to know to add the correct port for data into modeSmixer2.

Carlos

Hi all,

I am having issues again trying to run modesdeco2 on a new tablet.(I have probably missed something quite simple again!  :) )

Its a windows 10 64 bit one. I have downloaded the latest distribution package from Microsoft to get the latest dll's but I keep getting the error.

The error is 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click Ok to close the application.'

If I run it as an administrator I get the following error:

'modesdeco2.exe' is not recognised as in internal or external command, operable program or batch file

I have tried all the suggestions on the web but just cannot get past this error.

Hopefully someone can help me on this please.

Many Thanks

Carl

sergsero

Hi Carl,

There are a number of reasons as to why you might receive the 0xc00007b error while running an application on a Windows.
0xc000007b error usually comes from mixing up a 32-bit environment with a 64-bit one. For example, the modesdeco2 is 32-bit application. If you load a 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package that can causing 0xc000007b error. Check it's version for 32 bit. In this case you need to reinstall this components.

Best regards,
sergsero

Carlos

Hi Sergsero,

Yes i have installed the x86 one but it still gives me the same error. I am at a loss what to try next as i have been trying to get this working for the last month. I have made sure that the versions i have match my 64 bit laptop which it does work on. The only difference is that the tablet runs windows 10.

Best Regards

Carl

QF1

Hi there

I am new to using a Raspberry Pi as I have been using an SBS3 for many years.  I have tried installing ModeSMixer2 on both a Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 but finding that I do not see any aircraft within about 5nm of my home location whilst all others appear to plot correctly.  I am using ModeSMixer2 to feed to Basestation.   I can see the aircraft on FR24 but I cannot see them in Basestation.   Any  suggestions much appreciated, as I have followed instructions as far as I can. 

Cheers
Mark