Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:14:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding

Started by sergsero, August 09, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef

Hi,

Thanks for sending me your key, I just tried it and maps failed to load with an error saying to check the JavaScript console.
Looking at that I see the message:

Google Maps JavaScript API error: ExpiredKeyMapError
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#expired-key-map-error

Maybe if you generate a new key and try that it will work?
I'm happy to test any new keys you generate if you PM them to me.

Cheers,

Keef.

gonzalu

Interestingly enough, if I run the program in Windows, it works fine. If I run it on my RPi, it fails.... ugh... but I appreciate your help of course!! I am generating a new key as we speak. Let's see what happens. I will report back with results
/Manny

gonzalu

OK, success. I ended up having to remove all security on the API Key. It still ONLY works in Windows... still not working from RPi Stretch :/

Still getting other errors as shown on console.

/Manny

vordme

Hello
Is there any way to not have to write all the lines every time you open modemixer or modedeco in Rpi3?

Thank you

thenjr

Hey all - New to radar spotting. I have my Raspberry setup and running with ModeSMixer2 to get around issues I had with lighttpd and Piaware/PiHole (they both try to hit the same port).

Thanks to this thread and a few others I have pretty much everything working, except I can't get MLAT to load and I can't get any of the icons or plane silhouettes to work. Here is my mm2.sh settings:

--inConnectId 127.0.0.1:30005:ADSB \
--inConnectId 127.0.0.1:30104:MLAT \
--web 8787 \
--location XX.812462: XX.301600 \
--google-key KEY \
--silhouettes /home/pi/mm2/opflag/opflag/opflag/sillogo \
--pictures /home/pi/mm2/opflag/opflag/opflag/oplogo \

Running netstat -lptnD I see that 127.0.0.1:30104 is the open port (vs 30105 or 106) so that's why I used it in the settings above. Using 105 or 106 would give me the "connect host 127.0.0.1:30105 error Connection refused" error. Not sure where to go next here.

I'm most interested in getting the images to work. Ignore my hilarious folder structure, I haven't been in a command prompt in a while and went a little crazy when SSHing files from my desktop to the Raspberry Pi :)

I have logos, silhouettes and pictures. Those file paths are correct and have a bunch of .bmp images inside. I killed the mm2 process and restarted after updating the settings. I'm not sure what to look for next, so I turn to you all.

While we're here, also curious if there is a way to display the public tracking data for a flight within the local browser view? Right now, if I see an interesting flight I copy its flight number and then look it up on FlightAware, but would much rather get it in the same window. I'm sure someone has already figured out how to do this.

Triple7

Quote from: vordme on February 15, 2019, 02:26:37 PM
Hello
Is there any way to not have to write all the lines every time you open modemixer or modedeco in Rpi3?

I use the script from David Taylor's web site (there are other ways):

http://www.satsignal.eu/raspberry-pi/dump1090.html#automated-start

You need to modify it so that it calls for MSM2 or MD2 as opposed to Dump1090 but once that is done, it will start up automatically as long as you run the lines of code at the bottom of that page to make it executable. Here's the lines I use to run ModeSMixer2 - I called the script file mm2.sh.

"Now we make this file executable with the following command:

sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/mm2.sh

Now we create the runlevel shortcuts with the command:

sudo update-rc.d mm2.sh defaults

If we later log into the RPi, we can stop or restart mm2.sh with the commands:

sudo /etc/init.d/mm2.sh stop
or
    sudo /etc/init.d/mm2.sh start"

I also added in a delay so it lets everything start-up before it runs the script - probably not necessary but it doesn't hurt. I added it at the end of this section:

### END INIT INFO
## Fill in name of program here.
PROG="modesmixer2"
PROG_PATH="/home/pi/mm2"
PROG_ARGS="--inConnect 192.168.1.67:30105 --filter-nocountry --web 8088 --db basestation.sqb --silhouettes ./silos --frdb flightroute.sqb --location xx.xx:yy.yy"
PIDFILE="/var/run/mm2.pid"
DELAY=20

Your PROG_ARGS line will of course be different to mine

Hope of use.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

grassbox

Hi Sergsero,

I'm using the command below on a Raspberry Pi 3b+ and Orange Pi One with a Mode-S Beast :-

./modesmixer2 --inSerial /dev/ttyUSB0:3000000:hardware --outServer beast:30005

Using the hardware flow control option results in the error message below:-

inSerial(/dev/ttyUSB0:3000000) Can't set_option(flow_control) set_option: Operation not supported

This has happened since the change to Debian Stretch. I've searched for FTDI driver problems but had no luck.

Any idea how I can resolve the hardware flow control ?

Cheers,
Mark

larsras

Currently using Dump1090 and ModesMixer2 in a windows 7 PC. I feed to FR24.
Since FR24 now terminates Windows feeds, i will have to switch to a RPi feeding solution.
I really like the ModesMixer2 Flights page, so would be pretty damn hard to live without that.
I'm completely blank when it comes to RPi....

If i use the standard FR24 RPi image, can i then "tap" into the RPi received data and get them displayed (and possibly redirected to other modes/ports) with the ModesSmixer2 on my PC?

Radio2.0

QuoteI feed to FR24.
I would not do this anymore since the change there policy.  >:(
Do you share your feed?
>>> I looking for People who want exchange the VRS Data with me. <<<
I life near LOWW / VIE and see Ground Traffic too.

larsras

Yes it is really annoying this change in ploicy :-(
I do not have a website showing my received data if that is what you mean?
I use the combination of Dump1090 and ModesMixer2 to share into FR24 sharing app, PlanePlotter and PlaneFinder. Locally i look at the data via ModeSMixer2 and sometimes VRS.

Radio2.0

With the VRS You can share your data and you will receive other.
The Sky is the Limit.  ;D
When I think that is the easy was for the US Gov to track any aircraft wordwide much better than every.  ::)

Nigel

Once you have Dump1090 running on your RPi you can install and run modesmixer2 on the Pi and create maps/tables etc. much the same as the PC-based version. There are some excellent instructions on how to do this at the following link and it is fairly straightforward to do. abcd567 also provides excellent support and guidance if you get stuck

https://discussions.flightaware.com/t/how-to-get-vrs-like-coverage-map-on-rpi/31284

Nigel

Radio2.0

larsras

Thanks, that looks like some steps i can follow :-)

I believe i have to install the FR24 feed "manually" first, following the Raspbian install procedure, and not just using the ready made FR24 image?

bumpy_up_here

Quote from: MrMac on October 21, 2018, 09:29:13 PM
Hello Sergsero,

Quote from: sergsero on August 23, 2015, 02:34:48 PM
In version 20150825 you can use modesmixer2 for obtain data from SBS-3 receiver when it is plugged directly into a USB port. The new version of modesmixer2 20150528 in message #2 of this topic.

Has anything changed in newer versions regarding SBS1 connectivity?

It was working fine with versions in 2015 and 2016 but now I can no longer connect to SBS1 boxes. The SBS1-Er works fine on PC with Basestation. I have tried 2 different ones.

/root/modesmixer2 --inSerial /dev/ttyUSB1:921600:none --log-level 5
2018-10-21 18:29:29.908  INFO     ModeSMixer2 v.20170924
2018-10-21 18:29:29.912  INFO     inSerial(/dev/ttyUSB1:921600) connected
2018-10-21 18:30:14.493  INFO     inSerial(/dev/ttyUSB1:921600) disconnected
2018-10-21 18:30:14.493  INFO     inSerial(/dev/ttyUSB1:921600) Reconnect in 10 seconds
2018-10-21 18:30:24.496  INFO     inSerial(/dev/ttyUSB1:921600) connected
2018-10-21 18:33:28.541  INFO     inSerial(/dev/ttyUSB1:921600) disconnected

Tried a power cycle of the SBS. The USB interface goes down and up, ModeSmixer re-connects but no furter comm or data...

Downloaded the latest but no difference;

/root/modesmixer2 --inSerial /dev/ttyUSB1:921600:none --log-level 5
2018-10-21 22:26:32.614  INFO     ModeSMixer2 v.20180616
2018-10-21 22:26:32.617  INFO     inSerial(/dev/ttyUSB1:921600) connected

BR

/Marcus

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum but have been a feeder to FR24 and Planeplotter for many years via my (very) old SBS-1, W10 setup, which all still actually works.

As you all will know, FR24 are dropping their windows feed which forced me into looking at switching my feeds to RPi (3B+). I do have a dongle, which, after a lot of research with some very useful posts and resources from a lot of people on here and other forums (thank you), I have managed to setup a Raspbian Stretch implementation, feeding FR24, Planeplotter, Planefinder and Flightaware.

However, as a project, I have been trying to get my SBS-1 working via the USB port on the RPi - there don't seem to be too many examples of this but I did find on Page 34 of this thread (post 506) an informative post from Sergsero regarding 'How to do it'. Mr Mac also refers to this setup in this, and a post on the FR24 forum suggesting it should be possible but now no longer works??

I cannot get it to work - I can see the SBS-1 using lsusb and dmesg|grep tty - if I run basestation on my PC and set it up to look at the RPi using network and port 10001 (after invoking modesmixer2 with --outServer sbs10001:10001 and /inSerial /dev/ttyUSB1:921600:none), I can see the PC connecting in but I get the message about SBS-3 LOGIN and then Disconnected.

I do not get any SBS Data Stream connected or anything similar.

So, as MrMac says, has something changed to prevent it working (either in Stretch or modesmixer2?)

Any help gratefully recieived.

Paul.